• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Buzzing Noise Coming From Sony Ericsson Charger?

dennis96411

I plugged the charger to my phone, then to the wall, then it starts making loud high-pitched buzzing noise. Is the charger broken? BTW the phone is bought in China, so I'm not sure if the charger is compatible. But weird, the PSP charger is compatible with everything, and this charger seems to have the same metal tip and size at the end. Is it just a defect?

Jake

All my chargers make some form of noise. The worst I have noticed are Nokia chargers. None of mine have had any problems so unless it is really loud or was quiet until recently it should be fine.

Alex

I plugged the charger to my phone, then to the wall, then it starts making loud high-pitched buzzing noise. Is the charger broken? BTW the phone is bought in China, so I\'m not sure if the charger is compatible. But weird, the PSP charger is compatible with everything, and this charger seems to have the same metal tip and size at the end. Is it just a defect?

I wouldnt worry about it, i had one with a light on it, red when the phone was disconnected and green when connected and it always buzzed, quite loud on the green.
I used the charger till i bought a new phone like 6 months later.

But to be on the safe side, buy a cheap one off ebay or from the shops or something :)

angelsniper45

yeah i had this same problem with the charger for my nokia n97, i let it cool down and it stopped. I never figured out why, if it works fine i wouldnt worry about it. The noise is probably just a defect