• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Call of Duty 4

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
yeah i beat em both too, but single matches. Sullivan we haven't had a match recently.

Noriyuke

I have a question for those of you running this on this PC, anyone running it of Vista? My brother in law has my PC copy of the game and hes just upgraded his system to some crazy 64bit setup that cost him over 1500 on newegg, part by part. But hes a having a bunch of problems, can anyone point out a place that will give me detailed fixes to most of COD4's Vista problems, but i tried to just send him the latest patch and that didnt work.

ilyace

Noriyuke said:
I have a question for those of you running this on this PC, anyone running it of Vista? My brother in law has my PC copy of the game and hes just upgraded his system to some crazy 64bit setup that cost him over 1500 on newegg, part by part. But hes a having a bunch of problems, can anyone point out a place that will give me detailed fixes to most of COD4's Vista problems, but i tried to just send him the latest patch and that didnt work.

I haven't had any problems at all with CoD4 and Vista 64...Could you tell us what problems he's having in specific? Is it just cod4 or could it be the entire system (like bsod or something).

Sullivan

ya Nero, we haven't. Most likely not any time soon, I am tryig to keep my 1700 position on Cod world at war out of 150,000 players.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
anyone ever beat the game yet?
I just beaten game today the last mission after credits is fun.
But what is plot behind it?
Leaving room for next modern game?

andyauff

I have a question regarding 1v1 cagematch on Xbox Live. Does anyone know why people always leave before the countdown finishes? Like I'm waiting in the lobby for someone to join, they do, and either they leave right away or with a few seconds remaining. Is it that I'm level 22? That I'm not using a mic? That they don't like the map? I don't get it. Hardly ever do I get someone who actually plays me. Just wondering if anyone has any idea why. I know that there are not very many people playing cagematch, but if they're there wouldn't they be there to play?

eldiablov

Contributor
Could be because you dont have [HS] as your clan tag. Meaning you dont want to "play headshots". Or simply because you've been unlucky.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Could be because of the Cage Match boosting glitch. People who want to boost keep searching until they are left on their own, and in most cases they wait until the countdown hits 1 in hope that you quit before they do. When they are in by themselves, they can invite a friend and they can boost for exp or challenges.

andyauff

Could be because you dont have [HS] as your clan tag. Meaning you dont want to "play headshots". Or simply because you've been unlucky.

Good info, thanks.

Could be because of the Cage Match boosting glitch. People who want to boost keep searching until they are left on their own, and in most cases they wait until the countdown hits 1 in hope that you quit before they do. When they are in by themselves, they can invite a friend and they can boost for exp or challenges.

That makes sense. I was thinking it had something to do with that. Thanks.

TeamOverload

Glad to see this game being still so well supported, what with the recent Variety Map Pack sale and the current double exp weekend. It definitely deserves all the support it is getting, can't wait until MW2 comes out.

TeamOverload

Yeah, I just can't get into WaW. Really not a big fan of the maps that are currently out, and I just can't find a good weapon loadout that I enjoy. Maps and weapons are definitely much more enjoyable for me in COD4.