• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

Joey

A crossbow with explosive arrows? What the fuck have these games turned into?

Shit's gotten too deep for me. I just don't have the time to master a multiplayer game with that much complexity.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Everyone heard about the shitstorm going on between JD_2020 and the community regarding quickscoping?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
He's the community manager for Treyarch. Like the Robert Bowling of Treyarch.

[video=youtube;qOEiFXcCHO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEiFXcCHO8[/video]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
A crossbow with explosive arrows? What the fuck have these games turned into?

Shit's gotten too deep for me. I just don't have the time to master a multiplayer game with that much complexity.

It's a Torque Bow, you were able to handle it in Gears and should be fine in this.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
He's the community manager for Treyarch. Like the Robert Bowling of Treyarch.

[video=youtube;qOEiFXcCHO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEiFXcCHO8[/video]

All that whine for someone saying that quickscoping is cheap. He admits that it's easy to do in MW2 and agrees that it needed fixed at the 3:00 mark. That's annoying.

Never really see anyone quickscoping on the PC version of MW2 though, seems to be a much bigger thing on the console.

OUTL4W

Who is JD_2020?

He is Josh Olin. Here are some Q&A's:
@JD_2020 #AskJD are there any advantages to prestiging??
@DCarr76 Of course =). But that’s classified.

@JD_2020 #CODBlackOps #AskJd @JD_2020 Is Call of duty black ops going 2 have 4 player offline split screen multiplayer..like the previous cod games?
@Rayomond 4-player, Offline split-screen will be supported in #CODBlackOps, as in previous titles.

@JD_2020 #AskJD Wager Matches -can you choose which game type, or is it a random one out of the 4 types?
@d4v1dw1r7h Depends on which playlist you choose. You will be able to pick a specific type to play if you want to, though.

@JD_2020 – What are disadvantages to prestiging in #CODBlackOps ? do camos/money/EVERYTHING reset? prestige was harsh in MW2 #AskJD
@BrendanSilent Everything you unlocked resets and has to be re-purchased (even COD Points reset). Your emblems, however, will remain.

@JD_2020 #AskJD How exactly did you “counter” quick scoping?
@JD1010RU When you first sight-in, your sights won’t be perfectly center. You’ll have to take a moment to adjust (like a real sniper).

@JD_2020 Will I still be able to quickscope? #AskJD
@Herbert_Gun No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We’re specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!

@JD_2020 How in-depth are private match settings? Examples? #AskJD
@tpgaubert Very in-depth… More to be revealed soon =).

@JD_2020 Does theater mode also record campaign? #AskJD
@AlineaShawn Negative. It’s a Multiplayer feature only.

@JD_2020 #CODBlackOps when will u reveal the co-Op?
@Stevensosaramos We have. It’s Zombies.

@JD_2020 #AskJD How in-depth will the online statistic tracker be?
@heartbraden I can tell you the in-game Stats Tracking is the deepest in #CODBlackOps it’s ever been in Call of Duty.

@JD_2020 how is the report system going to work? Can i just kick ppl out of public lobbies??
@KehJay You select a player, view his Player Card, and click one of the options under the “Report Player” menu (Boosting, Cheating, etc).

@JD_2020 What does the “Lens” option do in Create A Class #AskJD
@ShadowKnight104 You can change your Lens tint color, like your Reticule color.

Via:
http://twitter.com/jd_2020

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Quickscoping is indeed "cheap" because so long as your cursor is in the general vicinity of the enemy the scope will zoom in on them directly, allowing for quick-fire shots (completely unrealistic). I've never died from someone who quickscopes though so it never was a problem for me but I agree in that it's a cheap way to play

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Quickscoping is indeed "cheap" because so long as your cursor is in the general vicinity of the enemy the scope will zoom in on them directly, allowing for quick-fire shots (completely unrealistic). I've never died from someone who quickscopes though so it never was a problem for me but I agree in that it's a cheap way to play

Quickscoping is harder than hardscoping...
Quickscoping is pretty much the only fun thing I find in MW2 anymore.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Quick scoping is cheap, using the auto assist is just a cheap tactic to use. Of course hardscoping is easier, you are in the sights the whole time.

So glad it is taken out, now I can enjoy a game without some kid saying "oh HARDSCOPER!" or "lets 1v1 quickscope scrub". I am at peace knowing that quickscoping will not be in this game, and hopefully in future CoD's.
The only time I had fun doing it was with friends in a private match, but honestly its not hard to do once you learn how to do it. I couldn't quick scope for the life of me, but played a couple private matches with friends, now I can pull of some amazing shots, but I don't see the fun in it.

ilyace

Those dudes are acting like quickscoping is the bread and butter of a CoD game...it's not, they need to chill the fuck out.

I'm pretty happy they got rid of it for the same reasons as Robby stated, I hated being called out for hardscoping...what the fuck else am I supposed to do with a sniper?

OUTL4W

I hated it myself. But it doesn't look like quickscoping was gimped in the beta.
Not sure if you saw this already:
[YouTube]tbhlvtKe004[/YouTube]

Moose

Meta Moose
The fact that people have labelled both 'types' of scoping is ridiculous. There's the wrong kind of scoping, which is quickscoping, and there's the kind of scoping that should be called nothing but 'scoping' (what people like to call 'hardscoping').

El Diablo

Quickscoping is fucking stupid, and the people who bitch at people when they used a sniper rifle to snipe like its supposed to, ridiculous.