• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thought I'd start up an official discussion thread for this game. It's actually looking to be a good game, the latest "uncut" trailer reminds me a lot of the Modern Warfare trailers so it'll be interesting to see how this game comes out.

From the various early previews I've read (one being magazine scans) the early impressions are good, even earning a comparison to the feel of the Infinity Ward-produced COD titles.

Here's the latest uncut reveal trailer which shows off some new footage, including gameplay footage it seems like:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Coming 11.09.10

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Judging from the trailer, looks like a step-up from Treyarch's previous efforts. Chances are it won't be a must-buy for me though. I'll probably wait till it hits the bargain bin.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Idk looks just like a re-skin of Modern Warfare.

I won't be getting this, if it has a Nazi something mode, then I'll rent it but if not, it doesn't interest me.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Agreed about the graphics, especially the explosions. Looked like they used low resolution sprites xD

Adiuvo

It looks alright I guess, graphics aside. The trailer only showed single player, and I doubt anybody would buy a CoD game for that.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It looks alright I guess, graphics aside. The trailer only showed single player, and I doubt anybody would buy a CoD game for that.

I do, I buy nearly all my games for the single player campaign. Multiplayer is an afterthought for most games to me.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ

I enjoy singleplayer more then mutiplayer itself.

I might end up buying this on pc depending if it have dedicated servers + modding support.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=292tCSCvFQY&feature=related[/YT]

Also the game seems take place in different points in history.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I enjoy singleplayer more then mutiplayer itself.

I might end up buying this on pc depending if it have dedicated servers + modding support.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=292tCSCvFQY&feature=related[/YT]

Also the game seems take place in different points in history.

Treyarch have said that they are using dedi servers. Modding I'm sure would follow.

Dan

Contributor
Sticks and Stones: You spawn with a crossbow, ballistic knife and a tomahawk. If you hit a player with the tomahawk you instantly bankrupt that player.

Damn, this is going to be addictive when I get it.

El Diablo

It's nice to see another game using Gun Game, always one of my favorite things to play in CS. I might have to get this one when it comes out.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
REALLY like the look of one round in the chamber. That's one mode I'd like to see in CSS :p

Robby

Los Doyers!
Sooo black ops beta was leaked over the weekend for jtaggers and apparently the full retail version has found it's hands into modders and well let's just say mods are going to be happening on day 1.

TeamOverload

What else is new? Hopefully they can get a patch ready and prepared now for any glitches that are uncovered but we shall see. Also, didn't even know there was a beta or a demo even coming.