• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Call of Duty Confirmed for NGP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Robby

Los Doyers!
Oh. My. God.

This is great, great news. Hopefully the online stays legit.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Oh god this is what I feared...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
but that's the best kind of rampage.

Don't be worrying too much, I'm sure there'll be plenty of JRPG's for the NGP too.

No it's not xD

I don't want JRPGs specifically xD I just want RPGs bottom line. A portable Mass Effect/Dragon Age would be quite welcome.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The fact that CoD is coming is good news for everyone, even if you aren't into shooters. It'll draw in LOTS of mainstream users. And as always, higher install base = more dev support.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, i didn't think about that, oblivion or fallout on this would be simply amazing, this is just making more excited for this to come out!

also, if this is what sony's pulling out for it's next handheld, i can't begin to imagine the powerhouse that the next gen console's well be

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hmm, i didn't think about that, oblivion or fallout on this would be simply amazing, this is just making more excited for this to come out!

also, if this is what sony's pulling out for it's next handheld, i can't begin to imagine the powerhouse that the next gen console's well be

If you want a glimpse, you should look at the latest 3DMark 11 videos.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
If you want a glimpse, you should look at the latest 3DMark 11 videos.

it's absolutely mindboggling that by the end of this decade, games are ganna be that high quality, i mean, not 10 years ago, halo seemed like cutting edge graphics, it's amazing at the speed that games are progressing visually

MenaceInc

Staff Member
it's absolutely mindboggling that by the end of this decade, games are ganna be that high quality, i mean, not 10 years ago, halo seemed like cutting edge graphics, it's amazing at the speed that games are progressing visually

The jumps in graphical quality are more gradual on the PC side of gaming compared to the consoles. Halo seemed great because the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era games basically cut out most of the fog that plagued early 3d rendered games. Then the current generation upped the resolution while allowing for greater textures and draw distances. The jumps have been more sudden on consoles since there are distinct hardware refreshes.

Robby

Los Doyers!
No it's not xD

I don't want JRPGs specifically xD I just want RPGs bottom line. A portable Mass Effect/Dragon Age would be quite welcome.

I'll rather have this have a nice set of FPS titles to choose from.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'll rather have this have a nice set of FPS titles to choose from.

That makes no sense.

The jumps in graphical quality are more gradual on the PC side of gaming compared to the consoles. Halo seemed great because the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era games basically cut out most of the fog that plagued early 3d rendered games. Then the current generation upped the resolution while allowing for greater textures and draw distances. The jumps have been more sudden on consoles since there are distinct hardware refreshes.

However this also means that current generation of gamers and the future generation is going to get dumber and dumber. Back in the old days it used to be about the content and its quality. That made the games, the graphics were just an extra. However nowadays it's the complete opposite, it's all about the graphics and the content is just an afterthought.

10 years ago it would be borderline insane to release games as bugged as FIFA 10, CoD: MW2/BO and many others to arrive at retail as messed up as they were.

This doesn't mean I'm against graphical advancements, but if that is made at the expense of the quality of the content I'd rather see that advance come slow. That also is kinda why I'm against the onslaught of FPS' on all platforms since they dumb down even further our sense of gaming into "shoot, shoot, shoot", still they fit perfectly the atmosphere of "It's all about the pretty graphics" since in FPS' the content is really an afterthought (some exceptions though, Portal is the first off the top of my head).

The fact that CoD is coming is good news for everyone, even if you aren't into shooters. It'll draw in LOTS of mainstream users. And as always, higher install base = more dev support.

Point taken. No argument.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Awesome. At this point I don't think I care about the price for the NGP, I'll probably be buying it regardless of what figure is announced.

Kezra: FPS's aren't just "shoot, shoot, shoot" as much as RPG's are "talk, quest, talk". You can't berate a genre just because you don't enjoy them, FPS's are strategy games and require quick on-the-spot thinking. Also, how was MW2/BO buggy?

Graphics have always been important with games, as technology advances so will the graphical quality.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
RPGs aren't also "walk, quest, walk" though... There is an underlying narrative behind them that makes them more enjoyable and gives a point to all that walking. Then there are extras of choices and the like (I'm talking Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 in some ways) in which some of the action you take actually change the world around you and those choices matter.

I'm not berating the FPS genre as I like a good FPS once in a while as much as the next guy and I'm one of my few friends who can play FPS on both PCs and consoles alike. However I do feel they've become the new fad or the new cool thing.

And I didn't say graphics aren't important, I just said they should always be second to quality of content. See where I'm getting at?

Also, my mistake on my CoD comment which I will rectify to "as bugged as the MP experience was at retail, with new hacks and cheats appearing every day".

Robby

Los Doyers!
That makes no sense.

I would like to have alot of FPS titles to choose from on this console is what I'm saying. I'm a sucker for FPS games, they are fun and competitive most of the time, and being able to play on the go would be very nice.