• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Call of Duty: World at War

ilyace

So is this worth getting? Is online the same as COD4?

Honestly idk, if my brother hadn't bought this, I probably never would have. The campaign sucks imo, it's just get a mission, do it, and onto the next one. The only fun thing about it is to play coop with someone else and try to beat each others' score. The online is pretty fun, but exactly the same as COD4. The maps are pretty big, but sometimes when it's only 6v6, it's hard to find the enemy. What I thought was pretty cool was that from lvl 1-8, there is like a noob server, where everybody who is new to the game can play and learn a few things.

_Syn

Okay, this game is just .. great now. :tup: I know most people have been giving it a :tdown: but, it's because they haven't gotten used to what is the World at War. The same thing happened from the transition from Call of Duty 3, to Modern Warfare. But, once you get into the game, it's great. I'm assuming that I will get some comments regarding "It's hard to get into a game that is not entirely new." But you shouldn't have expected much from Treyarch. I kept my expectations low, but Treyarch went above it :rolleyes:. The campaign is boring, IF you go on the low difficulties. I completed the campaign my first try, on Hardened difficulty. Also, the online is amazing. I mean, there are some new elements which are challenging, which will keep you playing until you've mastered it. For one, the rifle grenades. They are not as easy to fire as Modern Warfare. You have to shoot higher to be able to shoot it far, not like Modern Warfare, where you can just point it up a bit, and it will go high and far. If you're having trouble leveling up quickly. Try playing some Search and Destroy, or my favorite Hardcore Search and Destroy. 50 points per kill, 25 points for assists and 100 bonus points when you defuse the bomb. Also, you will get tons of match bonus if you are the last guy and you survive. Now, decide :cool:

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I've been playing it on the PC, and I'm not too impressed thus far. I have played a couple of missions and it is all very rushed... the enemy come running at me when I have a full clip of ammo which is strange. You'd think they would try to stab you when you are vulnerable due to reloading, etc.

However, I love my WWII FPS games so I'm not complaining. The sniping missions are my favourite.

single game play is ok i have to agree its a bit rushed. But you should try online play its pretty good its somewhat the same to cod4 but its got a small twist. Try the zombie feature!

Slasher

Suck It
I picked this game up earlier today as well as Saints Row 2 with my bestbuy giftcards I got for Christmas. Man, the place was an absolute zoo. The game seems pretty solid so far, barely any difference from COD4 which isn't a surprise. I was kind of disappointed though because I was playing coop with my brother and we got pretty far only to find out that it doesn't save the progress? :/ I'm not really looking forward having to go through all of that again in singleplayer so soon.
BTW, is it just me or is the split screen fucking stupid? it doesn't even take up the entire half of the screen plus it's off-centered. Watdefuc?

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I got this game because im a big fan of call of duty and it was very impressive at first. But then after playing for a while i became frustrated with the whole world at war concept. Other than that the graphics were decent and you noticed a bunch of explosions. Reminds me of playing cod4 in a way but hey, their both based off of the same engine. haha. I agree with Moose, that the game did feel rushed. I'd give it a :tup: because im a fan of the series

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I got this for Christmas and thought it would be a good idea to try it first on Veteran. It feels good knowing I have finished it, but damn the enemy throw way too many grenades, and your team don't do shit but stare at walls. At the moment I am loving zombie mode the most. Hopefully they bring out new Zombie Maps or something.

Sullivan

I got this for Christmas and thought it would be a good idea to try it first on Veteran. It feels good knowing I have finished it, but damn the enemy throw way too many grenades, and your team don't do shit but stare at walls. At the moment I am loving zombie mode the most. Hopefully they bring out new Zombie Maps or something.

Zombie mode is awesome. Vanden, the online seemed a bit different at first.
I would only get it if you want a good war based story mode, and the zombie mode is ridiculously fun. You could play it for hours and not get board.
Some guns are extremely hard to get kills on because everyone is running around with auto's. I have turned to almost auto's only because if you have a semi auto your going to get stomped almost immediately. Almost everyone I play online uses a tommy.

Vee

The thing i'm frustrated about, are easily patchable stuff. Like the connection problems with other players. Invites dont work sometimes, and it isnt just me. It happens to loads of people. On top of that, glitching has meant that the game is really pointless online.

Slasher

Suck It
My brother and I made it to level 22 in zombie mode, it was pretty intense. I really hope they follow up with some new levels, this game mode is probably my most favourite part of the whole game

ilyace

My brother and I made it to level 22 in zombie mode, it was pretty intense. I really hope they follow up with some new levels, this game mode is probably my favourite part of the whole game

Lawl I only made it to level 12 with my brother.