• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Can I combine 2 or more Memory Card and make a switch to activate it?

jasonkhoo87

My idea is same as the triple memory stick insert in the PSP and then using switch to activated one of the memory stick..

Here, I want to ask for computer related hardware.. Because I have 3 memory stick, and I want to use it as 'thumbdrive' but, because of there are 3 memory stick, I need to pull out the other and insert another memory stick..

That why I come out with this question, is there solution for this..?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Umm...You could maybe take out the boards of the USB sticks yourself and put them into a case but it may take a bit of effort to make it look good.

Another option perhaps would be to split just one of the thumbsticks into two different partitions?

jasonkhoo87

Umm...You could maybe take out the boards of the USB sticks yourself and put them into a case but it may take a bit of effort to make it look good.

Another option perhaps would be to split just one of the thumbsticks into two different partitions?

meaning that if I have 3 memory stick, then I need to have 3 board in that case?

the other option is make partition on one memory stick, what I want is to use all the memory stick I have, I didn't care much on repartitioning the memory stick.

Thanks for reply.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
meaning that if I have 3 memory stick, then I need to have 3 board in that case?

the other option is make partition on one memory stick, what I want is to use all the memory stick I have, I didn't care much on repartitioning the memory stick.

Thanks for reply.

umm, ok... :mellow:

I misunderstood your initial question.

You have three Memory Stick Duos?
And you want to combine them into some sort of thumbdrive?...is that right?

jasonkhoo87

Yes, 8gig, 4gig, and 4gig. I just want to combine them in one case or some sort of card reader. Which I can use a switch to activate one of the memory, depending on the connection setup.

Which one activated not much important as long I can get all that used as 'thumbdrive'.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yes, 8gig, 4gig, and 4gig. I just want to combine them in one case or some sort of card reader. Which I can use a switch to activate one of the memory, depending on the connection setup.

Which one activated not much important as long I can get all that used as 'thumbdrive'.

I've never seen any product like that, sorry.
It may be possible if you were to take apart multiple memory stick readers and add a switch to switch between each reader but sorry, that would be above my ability with electronics.

samual

Samual

hi dear friend, you can make this but there is a lot of point to be remember.you have to take 2 or more cards after that make a switch this switch will work when you will do all connection ri8,so keep concentration on that .all the best

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I don't believe their is a product on the market to do what you want to do, it'll require you to manually build one, which means you'll need to understand eltronics and archetecture designing, the concept is fairly simple however, build a box which u can insert the cards into, place a switch on the box which changes which card is read, and finally have an out coming out of the box to plug into the computer

One concern i'd have however is how the computer well interact with such a fast card switching mechanism.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I don't believe their is a product on the market to do what you want to do, it'll require you to manually build one, which means you'll need to understand eltronics and archetecture designing, the concept is fairly simple however, build a box which u can insert the cards into, place a switch on the box which changes which card is read, and finally have an out coming out of the box to plug into the computer

One concern i'd have however is how the computer well interact with such a fast card switching mechanism.

I was moreso thinking of cannibalizing three card readers and using a three way switch on the usb port. Would require a bit of solder and certainly a new custom case but it'd be doable.

LocutusEstBorg

It shouldn't require anything more than removing the contacts from one card and placing them on another. You'll have to make the mechanical structure yourself though. When it loses contact it will simply appear as the card being removed. I don't think timing is an issue since even in a proper slot, the pins don't all touch at the same time.