• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Can`t add manually time for games i played...

Sanjoe

I cant add manually time for games i played. Everytime i type in my value i click on save and everything is fine. If i refresh the site the old time still showed and no change i did is there.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can you let me know what game you are trying to edit. Tried on a few here and couldn't reproduce the issue.

Sanjoe

It doesnt matter what game i edit, it doesnt work. I tried it with the Xbox One YouTube App because i have over 3.000 hours in it, but i dont want that apps increase my hours played xD

So i tried it with every app i have in my list and also for a few xbox 360 titles i have who didn`t track.

Ps: Im german, so sorry for my english :D

Last edited:

Sanjoe

For better understand: I try to set the YouTube App playtime from over 3.000 hours to 0.01 and click save. I hide YouTube already but it doesnt affect the overall playtime...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I see what you're saying, I thought you meant in the game list it wasn't showing the edited hours.

Yeah, unfortunately, the edited hours aren't reflected in the total count yet. This is a known limitation. It's not an easy fix due to site performance reasons, though we're close to pushing out a solution.

Going to run some tests this weekend to see if this is something we can push live now

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, just pushed an update that includes the following changes:
  • Manually added hours (even for non-tracked games) are now included in all playtime totals (including what's shown on the profile-linked gamercards and Stats page)
  • If you've enabled the Hide Apps filter, anything identified as an app will be removed from the playtime total. The other filters will not reduce your playtime count. There's probably some apps in our database that haven't been labelled as such yet (since depending on the platform, that is handled manually), so submit a correction here if you see anything that should be labeled as an app.
  • If you want to remove playtime from certain tracked games, hiding the game on your profile will now do that.
This was a pretty big change tbh, since it involved some changes to the database structure. Though I've been working on it for awhile and haven't noticed any issues. Please let me know if anything looks off.

Sanjoe

Wow that's awesome and... fast ๐Ÿ˜

I tried some stuff about the new features and my total playtime shrinks from 13.000 to roundabout 7.000 ๐Ÿ˜Š

But if I click on my Xbox Account I still have roundabout 11.500 hours i played. Removing Apps like YouTube, Amazon etc. and re-adding it changed nothing... still 11.500 hours.

If it's possible to change that too... I'm really happy about the new features and a big thank you to you :)

Sanjoe

And I have a question... why we can't correct automatically tracked time to a reduced amount? What's if I want to correct off screen time?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wow that's awesome and... fast ๐Ÿ˜

I tried some stuff about the new features and my total playtime shrinks from 13.000 to roundabout 7.000 ๐Ÿ˜Š

But if I click on my Xbox Account I still have roundabout 11.500 hours i played. Removing Apps like YouTube, Amazon etc. and re-adding it changed nothing... still 11.500 hours.

If it's possible to change that too... I'm really happy about the new features and a big thank you to you :)

I'll enable this soon. I need to add some checks so it only works with profiles that are verified through the sign-in feature. That way the custom values are only loaded if we know the user actually owns the account.

And I have a question... why we can't correct automatically tracked time to a reduced amount? What's if I want to correct off screen time?

Though that makes sense, I'm worried people will edit it then wonder why the time no longer updates automatically. By only allowing greater values, we can just switch back to showing the tracked time if it's over what was manually entered. But if we allow lower, then it's not really possible to do that - we would just have to always show the manual value.

Last edited:

Sanjoe

I'll enable this soon. I need to add some checks so it only works with profiles that are verified through the sign-in feature. That way the custom values are only loaded if we know the user actually owns the account.

Hmmm but my Xbox Account is verified ๐Ÿ˜•

Though that makes sense, I'm worried people will edit it then wonder why the time no longer updates automatically. By only allowing greater values, we can just switch back to showing the tracked time if it's over what was manually entered. But if we allow lower, then it's not really possible to do that - we would just have to always show the manual value.

I understand why you worried about this, but what if you left a message about the no longer automatically updates over or under the box, where we edit the time?

I think the most people would be happier with this solution as like it's now ๐Ÿ˜„

And please don't miss understand me... ๐Ÿ˜…
I really love this site and the idea behind it. I'm just want to help improving the features ๐Ÿ˜…

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmmm but my Xbox Account is verified ๐Ÿ˜•

Yeah I see that, it'll load the edited values on your Xbox profile once I finish adding the check. So you won't have to do anything else.

I understand why you worried about this, but what if you left a message about the no longer automatically updates over or under the box, where we edit the time?

I think the most people would be happier with this solution as like it's now ๐Ÿ˜„

And please don't miss understand me... ๐Ÿ˜…
I really love this site and the idea behind it. I'm just want to help improving the features ๐Ÿ˜…

That could work, I'll give it some thought.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just pushed an update so it loads custom playtime values for verified accounts.

Atm, I'm working on a way to verify PSN accounts. Sony still hasn't opened up the PSN sign-in to third party sites, but we can uniquely identify users if they put a code in the About Me section so will be adding that soon. Not sure if something similar will be possible for the other services, some like Origin / Uplay don't currently have any field that we could check to verify. That said, you'll still see the playtime you entered for those while logged in.

Ability to enter in lower values for the time played is coming later this weekend most likely, I'm making some UI changes so it's more obvious it will override the tracked value and also adding a checkbox if the user wants to reset it to the tracked time. There's also going to be an option to list all games you've modified.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You should be able to enter in lower values for the playtime now, let me know if there's any issues.