• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Cannot get into the chat, im not a bot.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Unfortunately, this is due to the security we have on Malloc. Your name looks like a random bunch of characters, thus it thinks you are a bot...the only thing you can do is use a different name :\

ilostchild

yup im getting the same error to so i stop attempting to join the chat..

EvilSeph

Administrator
For the time being, you're out of luck... but I'll try and work around this. I'll let you know.

EvilSeph

Administrator
The Malloc.us IRC network has added a new server dedicated to the MfM chat that does not contain all the crazy security measures I've come up with.

Anyone having issues with getting banned when they connect should be fine now.

adam

I have problem with the chat, too.
When I try to connect it says:
Closing Link: adam[my.ip.address] (Password mismatch)
Where I am suppose to write the chat password?

onua

I have problem with the chat, too.
When I try to connect it says:

Where I am suppose to write the chat password?

I have been receiving the same message as well.

Every time I try, I get the message:

Closing Link: Onua[my.ip.address] (Password mismatch)

I am unable to get in to the chat at all.

James.

User Not Found
[STRIKE][STRIKE]I think it means the name you've chosen is registered, choose another.

I've registered my name, so when I go on I send a message to a bot, which allows me to use my name[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

Never mind, it was a bug

EvilSeph

Administrator
Please try again and let me know, this shouldn't be happening at all. You're using MfM Chat, right?