• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3DS Capcom: Lack of Fan Input Prompted Mega Man Legends 3 Cancellation

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
cp5.jpg

Capcom has pinned blame on a weak reception from fans for the cancellation of 3DS effort Mega Man Legends 3. A Capcom Europe staffer lamented over a lack of input from the fanbase on Twitter earlier today. In an incredible twist, this led the company to deem there was 'no audience' for the title:
It's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( If we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds.
Well, y'know, we aren't going to tell Capcom how to run its business, but I'd wager many were waiting for the once-promised prototype demo to provide feedback[...]

Continue reading: Capcom: Lack of Fan Input Prompted Mega Man Legends 3 Cancellation...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Really? I always got the impression this game was expected by people as hell :|

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, this won't end well.

El Diablo

ITT: Excuses for canceling the game when there clearly was an audience for it by all the people upset now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
First time I've seen anyone blame the lack of fan support / audience for a game's cancellation. They didn't do a very good job of getting word out on the title either. You would hear about it once in a blue moon and very little was known of the title so of course there wouldn't be as much interest at this stage.

Joey

First time I've seen anyone blame the lack of fan support / audience for a game's cancellation. They didn't do a very good job of getting word out on the title either. You would hear about it once in a blue moon and very little was known of the title so of course there wouldn't be as much interest at this stage.
Like I told x3sphere, I never even heard of the franchise until about 2 weeks ago.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
FOR FUCKIN REAL CAPCOM? That's SOME SERIOUS BULL SHIT RIGHT THERE.

even more -'s for Capcom.
Every MML fan and their mother was anticipating this game. Just because we all don't visit their website a million times a day saying "OH , THIS SHOULD HAPPEN AFTER X POINT IN GAME AND THE TEXTURES SHOULD BE UBER DOODLY DOO.." doesn't = we don't want it. I"m sure i'm not the only one who just was waiting for it to come out and didn't want to participate in generating ideas.
Only making Gyakuten Saiban 5 would save them now in my eyes.

hush404

Just push over the work you've got an start in on MML3 for PSN/XBLA Capcom ;) Least it would be a bigger audience to pull from.
That said... this can't go well for Capcom... blaming the fans and all.