• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Case Modding - Project 900

Sullivan

[Project]Project 900

There will be no painting sadly, but lots of cable management, and other goodies.

There will be a CCFL goodie mod, I cannot wait to do that one.

Heres the current setup:

currentsetupangle.png

Inside the beast:

sideview2.png

Here is the current mess. As for the blue pci slot exhaust, I will be painting it black.

currentmess1-1.png
currentmess2-1.png
currentmess3-1.png
currentmess4-1.png

I will be adding a small switch to one of the front panel for the CCFL switch, instead of having it on the back on a pci bracket.

ccflswitch.png

Parts from Petra's:

petraparts.png

I also got 4' of this from petra's:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/neruedtrmo.html

That will be used for the holes.

I wanted some new speakers, so got these, the sound quality is great:

newspeakers.png

As for this side panel, I plan on buying a 1'X2' or 13"x7" to put a window by that wire mess.

sidepanel.png

I have a quick question for you guys, I am using a panty hose mod filter for the front intake fans, as seen here:

dustyfilters.png

The thing is, they worked great, and now that I have these new ones from petra's, I am confused on what to do, because the ones from petra's have some big spaces and holes:

newfilters.png

Does anyone use these?

Comments on everything and anything accepted and wanted.

Side notes: I do plan upgrading to 4x YateLoon high speed fans, to replace the stock antec 900 blue led tri cool fans.

Also, I will have tons of things to sell, I don't quite have the rep yet, but as soon as I do, lots will be available.

ilyace

Cool stuff. I think you should paint the inside of the case black, it will make the inside look really cool, especially with the cold cathodes. And for the fan filters, I would just go ahead and use the ones you bought from petra's.