• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Now Available on Steam

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

The long-awaited PC port of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is now available in demo form on Steam, ahead of its August 27 release date. You can also now pre-order the title at a discount of 10% off, knocking the price down to $26.99.

Konami is billing the PC version as the 'Ultimate Edition.' Along with a host of PC-specific enhancements, you get all previously released DLC, including the Reverie and Resurrection add-on packs.

It's been a long time coming, but we can't wait to see the game's gorgeous art style shine through at full 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Strange, demo won't download. It just locks up steam for a minute

Same thing here :( Tried restarting and nada, hope they get it sorted soon, can't wait to play this!

Edit: Working for me now, 2GB download. Just started playing, the 60FPS makes a world of difference. Game looks amazing, seems they've done a good job with the port.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Trigun

Yes it does look great native! A huge improvement over the console versions. (even just a stable 30FPS looks incredibly smooth! Let alone 60. 60 looks soooo goood)
Shame about those letterboxes for those of you with non 16:9 monitors though

Also: for taking screenshots in the future, as an alternative to FRAPS I recommend Afterburner, it is what I use and works basically 100% of the time with no issue.

The AO is a very nice addition(And doesn't kill performance either). It is pretty temporally stable and the only time i've seen issues with it is on very very close shots next to foiliage where the edges will be a little more aliased than normal. But is incredibly negligible.

I've already gotten flags for SGSSAA/OGSSAA to work too. Performance drop is huge though.

Trigun

http://www.forum-3dc...727#post9861727

Post with AA flag information for anyone who cares. (And has an Nvidia card)

It seems the game still uses the same FMVs. So basically you can play the game in whatever resolution you want, but the moment it switches to an FMV(which is frequent), you'll be treated with good old 720p24 native with absolutely 0 Anti Aliasing. And it looks horrible in comparison to the kind of IQ you can actually get in game. (not to mention for players who do play at 60FPS it will mean a jarring drop in framerate in cutscenes ALA DmC)

I dont' understand why they made the FMVs with no Anti Aliasing in the first place, to make the player think it's in game rendered? (Maybe, because it sure fooled me when I first played the game)

/disappoint

But it is still a big step up regardless.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Too bad :( That's good hear everything is in-game on LoS 2 though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Might as well give it a shot, haven't played the console version so this may be the perfect time for me to play it