• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Adiuvo

The new Casltevania game for the DS. Instead of magic and weapons, players make use of 'glyphs.' Glyphs can range from swords to all out magical assaults.

Screens:
castlevania-order-of-ecclesia-ds-screenshot.jpg

shanoa-the-main-character-in-castlevania-order-of-ecclesia-big.jpg

nitroscreen002yg8.jpg

Anyone else have it?

Adiuvo

The game feels like your classic Castlevania. Difficulty is perfect, and the game definitely rewards you for getting certain armors, etc.. I like it alot more than both Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
XD I WANT NAO. I just finished Getting 100% of Everything in Dracula X chronicles. And i still have Portrait of ruin sitting on my shelf which will be played soon :D.

being the castlevania whore i am i have to buy it but sadly i'm poor ATM

Bran

Yell
This game is one of the hardest Castlevania's I've played in a while, it's kinda an amalgam of the metroid-vania's and the old school linear ones.

Adiuvo

Right now I'm at Dracula's castle. Shanoa is an awesome character along with Albus.

The game is pretty long as well. I have about fifteen hours put in and haven't finished yet. Dracula's castle fills the whole top screen with it's map, so that should be reflective of size for just that level. There are also two more secret areas after you beat the game.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
z357x said:
This game is one of the hardest Castlevania's I've played in a while, it's kinda an amalgam of the metroid-vania's and the old school linear ones.
thats what i'm looking forward the most!!
dificulty=need for strategy. :D

Adiuvo

Beat it yesterday. Once you beat the game you unlock Albus as a playable character, which is really fun. It's much better than 'Sisters' mode in Portrait of Ruin and is just a bit worse than 'Julius' mode from Dawn of Sorrow. Mainly because Albus mode lacks any story elements at all.