• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

CFW 6.20 TN (HEN Coming)

B

Bizarre

CFW 6.20 TN (HEN OUT)

Just when you all thought things were dying down in the PSP Scene? Never say never, as Total_Noob has a few surprises up his sleeves for the PSP scene….And its a biggie! He has found a workable kernel exploit for firmware 6.20!! A kernel exploit he says that will lead to a HEN (Homebrew enabler) Like the likes of ChickHEN R2 for example from Davee. You know the one? So fully hacked PSP-3000′s and PSP Go’s with 6.20 TN HEN could be the future. Its what many of you have been waiting for all this time. So don’t go updating past 6.20. And If you did, poor you!

The above video is proof, and before you go saying its a fake because its all blurry. Total_Noob is trustworthy among the PSP scene with a solid reputation, so if he says its coming and its a Rebootex reverse engineered. Then thats that, its 100% legit no fake.

Source

Defiantly can't wait, should be out before Christmas.

EDIT: TN-B released, click here for download.

Also can an admin change the thread name to released or something.

EDIT X2: Just downgraded my 3004 to 5.03

IMG-20101230-00007.jpg

IMG-20101230-00002.jpg

IMG-20101230-00008.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIA60NzOPqg

n00b81

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing this one...

If he puts together a clear video, showing the PSP turn on, then the exploit, then the spoofed version (on a PSP 3000 or GO) - then I'll believe it. Otherwise, I'd say its just a lame CFW he put together running a plugin to spoof the version, and he shows Patapon 2 just to make it look legit.

Anyway, I'd love to be proven wrong (in this case ;P ) but for now I'm pretty convinced that the version would have showed "6.20 TN" without him even running the Patapon 2 exploit first.

n00b81

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well, Hot damn. If this turns out to be true i'll appreciate this very much!

My 2nd PSP is a 3000 with 6.20 on it.

So, will this in theory be any different than Half byte loader then?

january39

eXo Staff
Well, Hot damn. If this turns out to be true i'll appreciate this very much!

My 2nd PSP is a 3000 with 6.20 on it.

So, will this in theory be any different than Half byte loader then?

Sounds like it could be more than that.

i'd be more excited if i still cared about the psp

I've sold mine now but i still take an interest, but i know what your saying

In terms of the whole thing, i need some convincing yet - looks good, but is it the real thing?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I highly doubt this is real lol

Anyways there not much going on for the PSP anymore, neither in terms of HB or games. Sony should retire from the handheld scene or they're going to have even more problems when the fight between PSP2 vs. 3DS comes.
My point being, nobody cares about the PSP anymore and most of the people who will benefit from this are people who need ISO support. And yes, I know the author of this says it won't have a ISO loader, but seriously wait a few days and watch lamers implement it xD

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I love how bitter some people are.

People do care about the PSP otherwise they wouldn't buy one, or own one.

I've owned 3 and if I had the money i'd buy many of the limited editions that are available.

And quite frankly i'm sick of the Anti-ISO argument.
Have you played half the games that came out the first 4 years on UMD? The load times are fucking awful, and not only that, having the UMD drive constantly having to start up and spin all the time eats the shit out of your battery.
The ability to take a game and put it on the memory card is a god send.

People will always find a way to pirate no matter what people do, so why make a big deal about them abusing what you've made when you are no better. You do the exact same thing to sony by hacking the thing in the first place. Bunch of hypocrites.

And frankly right now, All I would really love to have besides full Homebrew capabilities besides Half byte loader is to be able to play my PS1 games on my 3k. I could on my 1k with CFW but 6.20 has better compatibility for some games. And I don't feel like updating my PSP/PS3 and paying 10$ to play a game that I already own.

I've owned a ton of games for it, and I consider it such a great great console with so many things you can do with it.

january39

eXo Staff
This is going horribly off topic...The use of an ISO loader and the possibilities it presents is an entirely different debate and not relevant to this topic.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I love how bitter some people are.

People do care about the PSP otherwise they wouldn't buy one, or own one.

I've owned 3 and if I had the money i'd buy many of the limited editions that are available.

And quite frankly i'm sick of the Anti-ISO argument.
Have you played half the games that came out the first 4 years on UMD? The load times are fucking awful, and not only that, having the UMD drive constantly having to start up and spin all the time eats the shit out of your battery.
The ability to take a game and put it on the memory card is a god send.

People will always find a way to pirate no matter what people do, so why make a big deal about them abusing what you've made when you are no better. You do the exact same thing to sony by hacking the thing in the first place. Bunch of hypocrites.

And frankly right now, All I would really love to have besides full Homebrew capabilities besides Half byte loader is to be able to play my PS1 games on my 3k. I could on my 1k with CFW but 6.20 has better compatibility for some games. And I don't feel like updating my PSP/PS3 and paying 10$ to play a game that I already own.

I've owned a ton of games for it, and I consider it such a great great console with so many things you can do with it.

Stop it, we get the point.

Now back on topic:

I'd like to see this be true, if only just to play some emulators but besides that it raises little interest on me at this point. Let's just wait and see, I still call it fake though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Total_Noob seems to have a solid reputation though, hard to see why he'd risk it. Time will tell I suppose.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Total_Noob seems to have a solid reputation though, hard to see why he'd risk it. Time will tell I suppose.

He does? Never heard of him xD What has he done on the scene? (I'm guessing he is a "newcomer").

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
He does? Never heard of him xD What has he done on the scene? (I'm guessing he is a "newcomer").

He's been around for a year or so, released a patch adding 5.50 GEN compatibility to Dark_AleX's PSPStates plugin. I'm not vouching for him or anything, but he does have a track record better than most.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
He's been around for a year or so, released a patch adding 5.50 GEN compatibility to Dark_AleX's PSPStates plugin. I'm not vouching for him or anything, but he does have a track record better than most.

Sounds more solid than copy/pasting ISO loader code and making a CFW xD If he pulls it off I'll be the first one to say: "Sorry, I was wrong".

january39

eXo Staff
Has anyone checked his blog? he usually puts info on there - he even asked me to beta test the Ultimate VSH menu once ( i joined his blog).