• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Chrono Trigger

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Joey said:
Well I have no idea, since I've played neither, that's just what I've heard from Chrono Trigger fans.

I mean, Halo 3 also got 10, so... There is plenty of examples of substandard games getting high ratings based on pedigree. Most people who gave Halo 3 a 10 would probably agree that, looking back, they probably overrated it. It happens. Reviewers can get caught up in the hype just as easily as us normal folk.

I not arguing, I'm just saying.
oh believe me , i know. I am a huge fan of both Chrono trigger and Chrono Cross. I just don't see how CT fanboys can be so narrow minded about CC though. And personally CC deserves the score it got (it's a 9 for me) It's an outstanding piece of work for it's time.

Scorned said:
In a way though, im glad they didnt do a direct sequel to CT. I was a bit afraid a sequel would ruin it, but instead they came out with Chrono Cross which was still a pretty damn good game.

I still prefer the music in CT over Chrono Cross, and if they ever would release an album of real orchestrated CT music i would buy my first album.

Ill see if i can somehow be able to play this when it comes out..
cc's music is just as good as CT's IMO if not better. it doesn't have the same limitations of the SNES which lead to ultimately much more diverse music.
i mean listen to this track from CC and tell me it doesn't move you in some kind of way. The first time i heard this song in the game i almost literally cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_m4vmecnEQ

z357x said:
That happened to me with FF8. I spent like 20 hours just trying to find that damn other boat that was hiding a fjord.
lol, i only got stuck in CC once and i couldn't remember where at. but i rarely even get stuck in games anyways. All i do is just think with my head when i play. I mean when i was younger like in the age range of 7-13. i would get stuck in games and when i've gone back and played the same games 5 years later i don't see how i even got stuck in the first place

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Noriyuke said:
Trigger was Waaaaaaaaay better than Chross. But thats me.

And reviews aren't so great bro, all that about perfect 10's isnt all that. You really have to play yourself. You know.
well thats fine. you are fine with your opinion.
The first time I beat CC i imediately started the whole game over to do it all over again it was so amazing. I re-played it twice again last year on my psp.
I also Re-played Trigger again last year and wish i hadn't because of this.

Seth

MD Party Room
* GamesRadar (100/100) "If you've never played Chrono Trigger, you owe it to yourself to finally give this gaming touchstone a whirl. And if you have played it before, you can play it again, for no other reason than to see how new it all still feels. We would normally hesitate to give any rerelease such a high score, but this is the ultimate edition of a true classic."
* 1UP (95/100): "For fans, the reason to pick up Chrono Trigger is simply because it's available, intact, and enhanced. For newcomers, it's because the game has easily withstood the test of time."
* Game Informer (95/100): "It's a true classic, and playing it should be a government-mandated rite of passage for any role-playing fan."
* IGN (88/100): "If you've never played Chrono Trigger before, buy this game. If you're a die-hard fan and want to support one of the greatest games of all time, buy this game. If you're having trouble validating a $40 purchase for what is ultimately the same game, it's the wrong choice for you, and your cash is better spent elsewhere."
* GameSpot (85/100): "Chrono Trigger is a fantastic synthesis of excellent storytelling, game design, music, and gameplay that has withstood the test of time and should be considered required playing for any fan of role-playing games. Though its extra content is hit or miss and it's essentially a direct port of a game released 13 years ago, the DS version is easily the definitive edition of this masterpiece,"