• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Clicker Hero, Question regarding importing my Kongregate save

OneFilthyCasual

Clicker Hero has a feature that allows you to import your save if you have one previously. However, since this site and others are very serious about their 'chievos, I don't want to be auto flagged as cheating when 40 or so achievements flag in steam due to my Kongregate save. But at the same time, I don't really want to start again after months of work on the Kongregate file.

I'm new to exophase, so what is exophase's official stance on these kinds of scenarios?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm... if the game allows importing of saves it seems like we'll have to whitelist it as it wouldn't be reliable for pinpointing cheaters really. I assume when importing the save, it would unlock several achievements instantly.

I've asked one of our enforcers to weigh in on this.

stingygamer

Can you show me some evidence of how you can import your saves? If there's a youtube video or something like that I'd like to see it. I think if you earned the achievements in kongregate then you deserve them in steam. I will give you clemency, meaning I promise not to ban you. Please import your save game, and I'll see how steam and exophase register your achieves. Moving forward from there I'll see how I feel about the game based on how exophase sees your trophies.

Again, I promise not to ban you regardless of the results.

OneFilthyCasual

With your OK, I imported my 2 saves (my Newgrounds one, I also have the Kongregate one)

WOn1aaZ.jpg

In the image, you can save your data, and from there, you can import it directly. When the data is saved, it is saved in a text document like this:
Jij7GcV.png

Please excuse all of the blacked out mess, imgur was being picky...

Well, from the text data represented there, you past that in the box when selecting import. And it imports your save.

As much as I'd love to show you a video, the videos I could find were cheating videos 'download my save for x'

Last edited:

stingygamer

Thanks for being a proactive member of exophase! If there are any other steam games which allow this feature, please bring them to my or an admin's attention. We have decided not to issue bans for this game anymore, because we can't be sure whether they cheated or imported a save. :)