• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 cod5 disc problem or xbox problem

Frozty

I just bought a used cod5 off ebay and installed it to my hard drive and after reaching the level in which sgt. roebuck i get an unreadable data error that my disc is scratched but i was playing it on hard drive is it my xbox's fault because it can read my other games perfectly expect this one on campain only multiplayer works flawless can any one help plz searched everywhere on google and bing?

Dan

Contributor
I don't really know about the 360, but if the disc was scratched, it would skip that part of the story, and the rest of it (I presume).

Do you still have the disc?

Robby

Los Doyers!
It can be the disc, have you tried restarting the game and see what happens?
Just the other day I was playing Bad Company but it was the games on demand version, so it was purely downloaded, and when I was playing online it gave me a dirty disc error twice even though I had no disc in my xbox at all since I was playing it from my hard drive.

I just restarted it and it hasn't given me the error since. I don't know what the problem was all about.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
If there was a scratch before you copied the game, then it will save it as if the scratch was there (since it can't read that part). I've run into the same problem in one of the last levels of another game which is really frustrating.

One thing you can do if you are desperate is rent COD5, copy that version to your hard drive, then use your purchased version to start the game.