• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Combine Gametime for Multiplatform Games?

CaptainMoonboots

Hell of a site. After GoG Galaxy stopped tracking PSN gametime I felt a hole in my collection since several of my favourite and most played games were played on Playstation. Finding this site, I feel whole again lmao
But is there anyway to combine the entries for multiplatform games? For example, I have something like 110 hours on DOOM 2016 (50 ish on Steam and 60 ish on PS4). Is there a way for me to combine the entries so I could have an entry that says DOOM 2016 110 hours and it would turn up in the correct place when I sort by hours played under all platforms? My main reasons for searching for tools like exophase is because I want an easy and visually pleasing way to list my most played games in order.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Hell of a site. After GoG Galaxy stopped tracking PSN gametime I felt a hole in my collection since several of my favourite and most played games were played on Playstation. Finding this site, I feel whole again lmao
But is there anyway to combine the entries for multiplatform games? For example, I have something like 110 hours on DOOM 2016 (50 ish on Steam and 60 ish on PS4). Is there a way for me to combine the entries so I could have an entry that says DOOM 2016 110 hours and it would turn up in the correct place when I sort by hours played under all platforms? My main reasons for searching for tools like exophase is because I want an easy and visually pleasing way to list my most played games in order.
There's currently no automated way to do this (though some sort of "game stacking" to achieve this is something I've thought about before too) but you can override the played time on each game manually, which gives you a couple options:

You could add up the times yourself and apply that number to one version of the game, however if you want your total playtime on your profile to remain accurate you'll need to reduce the hours to 0 on the other entries for the game. You also won't see the time increase on tracked games if you've overridden the number.

Or you could add a separate entry of the game manually purely for keeping the time total separate from the tracked entries of the games and that way the time won't be added to your total games playtime.

If you go with the latter option and find some games have ugly icons compared to the tracked entries or are missing from the manual database entirely just point them out in the Icon Submissions or Database Additions & Corrections threads and we can fix that.