• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Comcast Internet ~ question for those who have it.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well i'm moving back to california in a few weeks and the best price/performance ratio in the area is Comcast.

But I seem to remember there being some things said online about them cracking down on people who use Bittorrent clients.

I can't remember for sure though.

So does anyone here use Torrenting clients with Comcast with any issues?
Like them sending letters to your house?

Also is the connection stable?
Charter internet is pretty unstable at times with random network crashes that create stupid DNS errors, They shut off your service if your bill is even a tiny bit late among other stupid things.

Brad

Yoshimi
Comcast used to throttle upload speed in high usage areas to improve overall speed but they stopped doing that in 2008.

They call first then ban you from service the 2nd time if they catch you going over 250GB for a month. I've gathered you really need to blast away that cap to be called..Its very loosely enforced I've had a few months of going 50-80GB over (All from torrenting) and I have yet to get a call or letter about anything I've done while using the service other then the bill.

Great uptime and speed on my end..(Michigan)

Easy on late payments also

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Ah, that doesn't sound too bad.
Was a little worried for a while. But it seems like it will work out I hope.

I don't ever get close to 250GB , though in the last Few weeks i've probably done maybe 40/50GB only because I only have the one computer running on the network since the other PC is out of commission awaiting a New PSU. Which leaves me open to torrent things openly.

Thanks for the info.

Adiuvo

I'm in California as well and the connection is pretty stable. I get maybe one or two drops every week but the speed is the same before and after the drop.

As for their limit, I've gone over multiple times as well and only got one letter, about three or four years ago. I haven't got any notice since, though I haven't gone over for about five months now.

Seth

MD Party Room
Same as Brad :) My sister is deaf and has a video phone running for about 8-9 hours a day plus my tormenting and my online streaming and gaming. The speed are ok but nothing great.