• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

complete noob, never done this, PLEASE help with general question

nothingtrue

i only want to play ps1 game on psp.

i have no idea how to install cfw and/or popsloaders. i've read the countless threads and tutorials available online but i'm not sauvy with electronics and i just get confused. now i can finally get a psp with cfw 3.9 m33 on it. but as i said the popsloader issue is now the next obsticle for me. fortunately i think i've found a solution but just want to ask someone first.

i see many tutorials on youtube regarding playing ps1 games on psp. there are many that set-up using clonecd and popstation GUI. to use this set-up you need the actual ps1 game cd, which is fine by me since i have the games i want to play, but none of them seem to mention popsloaders regardless if the cfw used is 3.03oe or 3.80 m33. since i would rather not use a popsloader as it seems confusing to me, does anyone know if

1)using this set-up would allow any ps1 game to work without the need for a popsloader regardless of which cfw is installed?

2)also, if i have a 3.90 m33 can i use the same procedure with clonecd and popstation GUI as for the set-up with 3.8 m33 or 3.03oe (which are the tutorials i found on youtube) or does something change?

3)last, does it work with all ps1 game or only some and does it matter if the game is pal or ntsc (again would something change in the set-up procedure)?

any answers much appreciated, thanks in advance!

january39

eXo Staff
1. You can run PS1 games direct from the current fw you are using, however, some PS1 games work better on other FW's. Popsloader exists so you can select from a range of FW pops in order to get the best version to run the PS1 Game.

2. As i understand nothing changes. Although the M33 is the preferance.

3. I do not think it matters greatly, although the SLUS version code does have an impact.

In order to set up a popsoader requires some work but once done, its done. The ability to play PS1 titles will be severly limited without it.