• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Component Cables issue

Bran

Yell
So I got some component cables for my PSP and the colors are all terrible. Everything is Grey and Cyan and Yellow.

Before anyone states the obvious, YES I know how to use component and they are NOT in the wrong slots or loose or anything like that.

Plugging the Green cord in works as it should except it's too bright, Red and Blue only create yellow and cyan colours on the screen, a red hue is nowhere to be found.

I've been searching for information on this for quite a while and have found nothing particularly useful. I did discover this guy http://forums.dashhacks.com/f127/psp-2000-av-out-issue-component-cable-t264800/ who was seemingly having exactly the same issues as I am except that I'm on official firmware and he was on M33. Even through he seeming never came to a conclusion about the problem, I have to imagine something is causing it that could be potentially fixed since it's a repeatable issue. I'd at least like to know what's wrong.

The only thing I can imagine is that this is an issue with my PSP and not the cables, because I have tried this on 2 different TV's and with 2 different cables to exactly the same results.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to know about them.

phoenixv5

Perhaps your TV is PAL and you set your PSP to NTSC?
Try changing that!

Bran

Yell
Should that make a difference with component cables? It's outputting at 480p so I did not think PAL/NTSC would matter.

I have no idea what region my PSP is but I know the televisions are NTSC.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Has to be something wrong with the PSP, I've also hooked up the Composite Cables I have and those also are also looking strange. The colours are ok but everything is still WAY too bright.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

MORONS! ALL MORONS! THE INTERNET IS RETARDED!

I've found a few more people having the same issue as me, but no one has found a solution because everyone jumps to conclusions without doing ANY problem solving. Some people have even presented the evidence that their other PSP or their friend's PSP works fine on the same TV with the same cable, so there MUST be something wrong with the PSP itself.

the PAL/NTSC problem is a likely one, it may be software related. I'm still worried about a hardware issue though.

phoenixv5

Should that make a difference with component cables? It's outputting at 480p so I did not think PAL/NTSC would matter.

I have no idea what region my PSP is but I know the televisions are NTSC.

Oops...
But I could've sworn I saw an option to switch between NTSC and PAL in the PSP.....
Guess I was mistaken, sorry!