• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Contributor Status Information

EvilSeph

Administrator
What is a Contributor?
A Contributor is a valued member of our community who actively provides us with quality material that contributes significantly to the growth and evolution of our community. Contributors are not just people who give the most to the community. They represent the best of us at M for Mature and contribute to our goal of providing quality - quality discussions, community support, content and a quality environment.

Benefits:
  • Unique username colour
  • Listed on the View Forum Leaders page
  • Access to an Exclusive Contributor only forum
  • Your very own @mformature.net email redirect
  • Access to the Exclusive Contributors only IRC channel.
  • Custom usertitle
  • Less restrictions
  • Self-moderation (delete your own posts, close your own threads, etc.)
  • Bigger Inbox
  • Bigger avatar
  • Bigger profile picture
  • Ability to become invisible
  • See who else is invisible
  • ...and more!

How do I become a contributor?
The simple answer would be that you just need to contribute quality content or material to our community and then the staff will decide upon whether or not you will be deemed a contributor based on other factors (like the level of contributions received from the community, your history in the community etc.). Once you've met the following requirements, all it will take is for a staff decision to be made and you will be on your way to becoming a Contributor.

Requirements:
  • Have NOT asked to be a Contributor
  • Actively contributes quality content to the community
  • Actively participates in discussions around the community
  • Is a well behaved and respected member of the community

Serideth

Most of the stuff listed at the end is usually default for any vB forum. :neutral:

Benefits:

* Unique username colour - That's not.
* Listed on the View Forum Leaders page - Or that.
* Access to an Exclusive Contributor only forum - Or that.
* Your very own @mformature.net email redirect - This definitely isn't and is really cool.
* Moderator in our IRC channel - Or this (handy as well).
* Access to the Exclusive Contributors only IRC channel. - I'm not sure how this will work but I'm sure we can come up with some cool stuff for this, in fact as I was typing this I had an awesome idea.
* Custom usertitle - A lot of forums don't allow these as they get abused so it's cool to be trusted with this.
* Less restrictions - Not really sure what this is right now.
* Self-moderation (delete your own posts, close your own threads, etc.) - This is very handy and not always on other forums.
* Bigger Inbox - Love this one.
* Bigger avatar - Every forum has different limits.
* Bigger profile picture - Seeing as I don't use profiles I'm not too sure.
* Ability to become invisible - This is always in a premium type account.
* See who else is invisible - See above.
* ...and more! - Not sure what this is yet.

So as you can see it's a pretty decent deal for helping out, and not things on every forum.

eighty4

Benefits:

* Unique username colour - That's not.
* Listed on the View Forum Leaders page - Or that.
* Access to an Exclusive Contributor only forum - Or that.
* Your very own @mformature.net email redirect - This definitely isn't and is really cool.
* Moderator in our IRC channel - Or this (handy as well).
* Access to the Exclusive Contributors only IRC channel. - I'm not sure how this will work but I'm sure we can come up with some cool stuff for this, in fact as I was typing this I had an awesome idea.
* Custom usertitle - A lot of forums don't allow these as they get abused so it's cool to be trusted with this.
* Less restrictions - Not really sure what this is right now.
* Self-moderation Comes with vB
* Bigger Inbox - Love this one.
* Bigger avatar - Every forum has different limits.
* Bigger profile picture - Seeing as I don't use profiles I'm not too sure.
* Ability to become invisible - Comes with vB
* See who else is invisible - Comes with vB
* ...and more! - Not sure what this is yet.

So as you can see it's a pretty decent deal for helping out, and not things on every forum.
There ya go.

Moose

Meta Moose
Hiratai, stop making a fool of yourself.

You troll a hell of a lot... keep on posting like you are and you're heading for a ban. If you wish to continue this, please do so via PM.

TheMasterChef

The Groove Jesus
I wish I would get a few examples of stuff to contribute. I hope that PSP homebrew isn't the only thing since QJ sended out Developer status to people that did so and I know absolutely nothing about it.

Slasher

Suck It
Just being helpful and contributing to the posting here with quality posts could probably land you with contributor status. You could also try posting news articles to help out if you have a skill in writing

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Just being helpful and contributing to the posting here with quality posts could probably land you with contributor status. You could also try posting news articles to help out if you have a skill in writing

That is pretty much it... Just don't act like an ass too much in the forums, otherwise that could mess with your chances. Although I don't have a real say in the matter anyway.

Seth

MD Party Room
Contributor > QJ Premium (you have to pay for it as well)

Contributor is more like developer status seeing as only mini dev got it...

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Why compare it to something QJ related? None of the comparisons really apply.