• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Controller issue

BarateGites

I connected my Xbox One S co troller to my iPhone yesterday for the first time.
I came home made my iPhone forget my controller.
Turned my Xbox on and a bunch of weird shit has started to happen, this may be long but I want to give as much detail in case someone has had the same issues.
Controller turns on console, then Immediatly the Xbox home button (circle button in the middle with big X) starts randomly flashing, after a few mins it stops flashing and stays solid.
Items on Home Screen repeatedly very quickly flashing (as if you were selecting it) like it’s having a seizure.
D-Pad does not respond at all. ABYX buttons do not work, joysticks respond but way to fast and skip over several apps (cannot pick game I want), triggers do same thing. Bumpers non responsive.
Took batteries out and replaced.
Power cycle console and controller, several times both separately and together.
Turned off everything unplugged all cords.
Synced everything. Checked for updates everything is up to date.
After a couple tries (1 in every 20 tries or so)every once in awhile it does work but then maybe 20-30 mins it starts acting up again.
I have never dropped my console, smoke and pet free it just sits on the shelf. I’ve dropped the controller before but no more then anyone else and I don’t throw it against a wall or anything.
I may be wrong but I think connecting it to my iPhone did something to it, I’m thinking of getting the elite 2 controller anyway but just sort of miffed about what is happening.
After sitting on my phone for the last however long, everything seems to be working now.

MarnelKelis

I connected my Xbox One S co troller to my iPhone yesterday for the first time.
I came home made my iPhone forget my controller.
Turned my Xbox on and a bunch of weird shit has started to happen, this may be long but I want to give as much detail in case someone has had the same issues.
Controller turns on console, then Immediatly the Xbox home button (circle button in the middle with big X) starts randomly flashing, after a few mins it stops flashing and stays solid.
Items on Home Screen repeatedly very quickly flashing (as if you were selecting it) like it’s having a seizure.
10.0.0.0.1 D-Pad does not respond at all. ABYX buttons do not work, joysticks respond but way to fast and skip over several apps (cannot pick game I want), triggers do same thing. Bumpers non responsive.
Took batteries out and replaced.
Power cycle console and controller, several times both separately and together.
Turned off everything unplugged all cords.
Synced everything. Checked for updates everything is up to date.
After a couple tries (1 in every 20 tries or so)every once in awhile it does work but then maybe 20-30 mins it starts acting up again.
I have never dropped my console, smoke and pet free it just sits on the shelf. I’ve dropped the controller before but no more then anyone else and I don’t throw it against a wall or anything.
I may be wrong but I think connecting it to my iPhone did something to it, I’m thinking of getting the elite 2 controller anyway but just sort of miffed about what is happening.
After sitting on my phone for the last however long, everything seems to be working now.
isseu got solved