• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Counter-Strike: Source Beta

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Few screenshots here
Can't wait for the full update but it feels like a nice refresh, especially with the new textures

hl22010-05-2002-13-49-73.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-19-40-33.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-24-43-92.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-25-02-37.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-52-12-54.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-55-54-62.jpg

hl22010-05-2002-56-44-64.jpg

Just got it now, looks sweet. HDR is broken for me currently. Purple checkerbox over screen.

The achievements are alright, excellent addition to the game play balance, as is stat-tracking.

Some of the weapons felt a bit different, I tried a quick game with bots, and notably the AK seems to kick a lot less and some weapons like the shotguns feel more stronger, especially the benelli.

Or maybe I'm imagining things :p.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just got it now, looks sweet. HDR is broken for me currently. Purple checkerbox over screen.

The achievements are alright, excellent addition to the game play balance, as is stat-tracking.

Some of the weapons felt a bit different, I tried a quick game with bots, and notably the AK seems to kick a lot less and some weapons like the shotguns feel more stronger, especially the benelli.

Or maybe I'm imagining things :p.

Nope, you're right. Recoil has been tweaked and they're trying to balance the weapons better. Which is a good thing since nearly everyone in pub servers just spammed AWPs and Deagles.

Funny thing is that it's not being handled by Valve but by Hidden Path Entertainment who made Defense Grid: The Awakening. Hopefully they bring a new perspective to it and finally bring it up to the standards of 1.6 pro players.

Also, the purple checkerbox texture thing is because of HDR/Bloom. You would be best disabling them in the video options. I do recommend putting on very high textures though, makes it look waaaaay better than the default textures in Source