• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Cracked windows...

B

Bizarre

Ok first to start, don't flame me saying:
"0hh p1r4t3r, g0 buy 4 g3nu1n3 c0py"

I just want to know if I download Windows 7, what are my limitations? Also what can happen if I get a cracked version?

Seth

MD Party Room
If you download windows 7 without a crack your limited to the amount of days you can use it. I believe a 120 ish. If you get it cracked it will be faked but wont really matter if you dont care about windows updates

I been running with a fake OEM and still getting updates, same way as I did vista and never got cut off on updates.

Look up 7Loader By Orbit30

If you get caught... you can still backup your stuff and try again.

B

Bizarre

Ok I'm looking at that but this is what I don't get:

Disable UAC to be safe.

1 - Run the '7Loader' on your Windows Partition

B

Bizarre

Ok I have 3 different loaders in the windows 7 I'm downloading.

Now which is the best to install? It gives me 2, x64(64 bit) or x86(32 bit)?
Also whats the difference between the two.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I've been using Windows 7 loader eXtreme Edition 3 117 and getting updates since near release. No problems :) Acts like a normal version except the booting sequence in which you choose to boot the Windows 7 XE loader or something like that. Nothing too inconvenient.

B

Bizarre

Alright once it finished downloading if I have any questions I'll post here. Thanks a lot guys.

Also I have 3GB of RAM is that enough for 64-bit?

El Diablo

Maybe you should check your processor...

Hardrive

Contributor
Cracked Windows:
4023167634_79fdc390fa.jpg

I'm here all week.

In all honesty though, if you can't figure it out, just buy the damn thing. Call it a stupid tax, if you will.

El Diablo

Its:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17GHZ
If you can't even figure out if your processor is 32 or 64 bit, and can't even follow simple directions such as "disable UAC and run the program on your Windows partition", I'm sorry, but you do not deserve to pirate and get free software, go buy the thing like Hardrive said.

Dan

Contributor
The word isn't "deserve." The word is "smart enough."

Alright, say you don't know anything. To say you can't follow instructions like that, you'd probably screw up along the way, no offence.

But yeah, just buy it. I don't want to say what you asked me not to, but it's clearly for your own good.

Windows X made 7 Transformation Pack.

That'll save you any trouble if you're happy with your current set up.

B

Bizarre

Ok I understand, just if anyone comes across a noob-friendly tut then post it here.

Hellcat

Contributor
^
I don't have $400 to spend, I'm saving up for a car.

Win7 Ultimate OEM: $150

There's places where the "only to be sold with HW" does not count (Germany, for example), just order an OEM version for cheap bucks from there (Amazon or w/e).

Ultimate can be set to other languages after install, so you'll end up with a fine, hazzle free, EN Win7 then.

Alternative: get some common sense and read this thread again.

Hardrive

Contributor
Win7 Ultimate OEM: $150

There's places where the "only to be sold with HW" does not count (Germany, for example), just order an OEM version for cheap bucks from there (Amazon or w/e).

Ultimate can be set to other languages after install, so you'll end up with a fine, hazzle free, EN Win7 then.

Alternative: get some common sense and read this thread again.

Second Alternative: Have somebody you know that is going to a University get you a copy of it for free or at a significant discount (~$30)

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Its:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17GHZ

Intel Pentium Dual-Core Mobile T3400 LF80537GF0481M

It can support 64-bit. Doet.

64-bit has **never** dragged my system down (I had a very similar CPU, it was a..I think Pentium E2200..yeah, and it ran VERY well on 64-bit). There are zero negative qualities. I have never had anything not run absolutely perfectly. It is better in every way imaginable. Do it. You WILL notice an increase in speed (The same increase that you'd notice usually Vista x64, or XP x64. They're all much faster.).

Windows Seven (Or Vista, they both seem the same speed) x64 is many times faster on my system than XP x86-32. I advise you do that, you will notice, and you will appreciate the increase in bits as anyone else whose done it.