• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Cross-platform, same game

ERVI

Hi all, I read that Google Play achievements are on their way, that's great! I don't know how feasible it is, but there are some game which have the same cheevos on googleplay/steam/xbox do you plan on integrating multi-platform achievement (e.g. 50% achieved on steam, 50% on Google play) into a single database sorted by games?
Please don't hate on me if it sounds absurd

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Never thought of that before, technically it's possible. I think it would require some manual effort to link games to be 100% accurate, since although the achievement lists are usually identical between mulitplatform titles, there's sometimes small differences. Some platforms get DLC earlier than others too. Minor things, but might be an issue to deal with.

I don't know if it would make more sense to just have an option that merges games with identical titles in your list, this wouldn't combine the amounts but could display them right next to each other. That would be a lot easier to implement.