• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well that worked, but however once I get in a server
We all just sit there like "LOLWUT"
and it never starts.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well just tried to play my first multiplayer match and am getting the "serial code already in use" error....annoying indeed

Deathrow

The 360 multiplayer has not been having any issues. In fact, the 360 version is perfect since there have been reports about problems for the PS3 version. This game is so epic and I think it definitely deserves a higher review and score than an average 8.7

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've logged around seven hours already. Campaign is insane!

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Has anyone been able to play multiplayer at all yet? :(
Edit:
Ok , finally got in an Unranked match and WTF

Graphical glitches everywhere, flashing objects and weird Motionblur artifacting or someshit.

Richlando

-- Health regeneration
pl_health.normal_regeneration_rateSP = 99999
pl_health.normal_threshold_time_to_regenerateSP = 0.1

Handy lil code for the PS3 version. I got through the SP as fast as I could, the ps3 version is horrid, and just bought the pc version and playing (legit, no cheats) now. I see now why this series should be pc only.

El Diablo

Yeah Trigun I've been playing multiplayer fine once I got the cd key shit worked out. I haven't seen any artifacting or random flying objects or anything. Also it looks like ranked servers are the ones with the game not starting problems. I tried 5 different ranked servers last night and they were all bugged and the match wouldn't start, but ever unranked server was fine.

Frozen, if you or anyone else is having the serial in use issues check my post at the bottom of page 2 and try that.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I tried that first thing and it didn't work for me so I just did a registry cleanup (CCleaner) and closed my firefox browser and that seemed to do the trick somehow. I didn't really have any issues with MP last night when I played a few rounds other than the typical lag

El Diablo

What's your guys names in it? Mine is Lunaticss.

El Diablo

I found a good 24/7 ranked Instant Action server that is working. 72.51.46.94:31400 24/7 IA gets a little old to me, but at least it's a working ranked server. I also found a team IA ranked server that was working but I don't have the IP for it. It was only a 12 player server though so it should be easy to try and find.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Really disappointed how I can't even get into a multiplayer match now because none of the games are starting. Removal of auto-aim for controllers pissed me off a little too. Guess I'll just have to adjust

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I thought they said they kept a bit of auto aim for gamepads?
Anyhoo, mine arrived today, is installing at the moment :D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm having a hard time getting into the single player and multiplayer for this. I don't know why, but I hope something sparks my interest soon.

El Diablo

They removed auto aim because it was being exploited and people would plug in a controller and have auto aim with their mouse. PC games are meant to use a keyboard and mouse imo there's no place for auto aim on them. That's what the dumbed down consoles are for. They still have it in there for singleplayer though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They removed auto aim because it was being exploited and people would plug in a controller and have auto aim with their mouse. PC games are meant to use a keyboard and mouse imo there's no place for auto aim on them. That's what the dumbed down consoles are for. They still have it in there for singleplayer though.

I know why they removed it, just saying I'm disappointed because I would hope that this would set a precedent or at least encourage discussion of aim-assist on PC with controllers.

@Abe: I really like the Singleplayer and am really into it personally. Although there really isn't anything that's keeping me going in the SP (story is and just killing shit is fun). Multiplayer has several unlocks, dog tags, and other challenges you can try to complete which is enough motivation for me (easily motivated I guess).