• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

MenaceInc

Staff Member
They removed auto aim because it was being exploited and people would plug in a controller and have auto aim with their mouse. PC games are meant to use a keyboard and mouse imo there's no place for auto aim on them. That's what the dumbed down consoles are for. They still have it in there for singleplayer though.

If that's true then it'll soon be exploited just the same. Thankfully there's cheat protection now but still....

Still waiting on Steam unlocking it :( just under 6 hours left.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
If that's true then it'll soon be exploited just the same. Thankfully there's cheat protection now but still....

Still waiting on Steam unlocking it :( just under 6 hours left.

Physical copies FTW... :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Not having to swap discs ftw

Yeah, true...
Though, No-CD cracks, getting the game early, and being able to install to whatever HDD you please without using SteamMover :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Well, I keep getting into broken servers...
It's so annoying, people just sit in broken servers and make me think they work because they have players in :p
New gametypes are coool :D
Played an FFA, don't see how anyone can enjoy that shit...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well, I keep getting into broken servers...
It's so annoying, people just sit in broken servers and make me think they work because they have players in :p
New gametypes are coool :D
Played an FFA, don't see how anyone can enjoy that shit...

FFA was annoying as hell. At least the map I played it was a very open environment and almost no good cover

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Yeah Trigun I've been playing multiplayer fine once I got the cd key shit worked out. I haven't seen any artifacting or random flying objects or anything. Also it looks like ranked servers are the ones with the game not starting problems. I tried 5 different ranked servers last night and they were all bugged and the match wouldn't start, but ever unranked server was fine.

Frozen, if you or anyone else is having the serial in use issues check my post at the bottom of page 2 and try that.

Well i've played more lately and it doesn't have that issue anymore for some reason.

Now it's just down to getting Ranked matches to start, Hit-detection and lag when you finally do get into one.
People appear out of no where, You shoot them and they do nothing and then as you move on it shows that you got points for the kill over 10 seconds later. Sometimes less. Also at times my Melee button stopped working completely. And when it did work i'd hit people 4 or 5 times before anything happened(this isn't an absolute, there are a lot of times where I hit them once and they die. SO i'm guessing that's the lag)

FFA was annoying as hell. At least the map I played it was a very open environment and almost no good cover

FFA in most games isn't much fun IMO. But I've run into Butthurt Trolls in TIM with USI who try to troll me for being a lower rank and consistently do better than them because I don't play like them or that "You suck, Your facebook picture is so ugly! I worry about your future!" I lol'd so hard.

Also I have a physical copy and I don't have to swap discs...did I miss something?

LocutusEstBorg

I faced zero problems. There are like 10 Fragnetics servers with 50ms ping and LAN quality response and hit detection. The game not starting happened to me only once. I didn't know it was a bug until I read about it. I presumed there weren't enough players.

The game lags at 2560x1440 on Hardcore settings and I liked it so much that I bought a second 1920x1080 monitor just to play it at 60FPS without scaling/letterboxing.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I haven't experienced much lag at all when I get into working servers.
On Assault I believe it was, the gametype where one team have to download some data I believe from another team, and always spawn in the same place, some guy accused me of having auto aim because I went like 12-1 at the beginning. I then proceeded to do shit accidentally xD.
For some reason, I just can't kill people close range. Shooting them seems ineffective, and my melees always miss :p

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Must get people with low pings then, because while my ping is always <190 I get people with 250+ or even 370+ O__>
And tons of the servers have pings of 1000!
:(

Anyway, My Name in the game is "Vosse"

Was gonna use my name that i usually use (BONKERS) But some arse took it. :/

El Diablo

I'll always be shooting someone and on my screen hit them 5+ times, then they will turn to me and hit me once and I die, then on the killcam I see them standing 5+ feet away from where I was shooting them on my screen and it looks like I'm shooting no where near them.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hmmmm... In the Demo when I played on "Gamer" (which I assume is exactly the same as "High") I could record at 60FPS fine, and got around 90 while not recording. Now I get 60 not recording and between 50 and 55 when recording...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmmmm... In the Demo when I played on "Gamer" (which I assume is exactly the same as "High") I could record at 60FPS fine, and got around 90 while not recording. Now I get 60 not recording and between 50 and 55 when recording...

Performance for me is on par with the demo, if not better. Maybe you had VSync turned off before.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Performance for me is on par with the demo, if not better. Maybe you had VSync turned off before.

Turns out Firefox is a massive resource hog, closed that and it was fine :p

Should VSync be on or off...?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Turns out Firefox is a massive resource hog, closed that and it was fine :p

Should VSync be on or off...?

If you get over 60fps and it's single player then on. If you're playing online and competitively then off. What it does is ensure that a frame is ready for each refresh of the screen. If your monitor is 60Hz then it'll lock it to 60fps.

In a competitive game though, you want your game as fluid as possible with the screen being updated as often as possible.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I always turn V-Sync off, always seems to cause more problems for me

Fair enough.

Sorry about putting us in an FFA earlier, I just saw a USA server I had low ping for with free slots :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Fair enough.

Sorry about putting us in an FFA earlier, I just saw a USA server I had low ping for with free slots :p

That was fine, I was switching between keyboard and controller that match trying to find out which one I would've been better with (I can get by with a 1.0kdr with a controller right now but that's no where near where I want it to be).

El Diablo

Anyone know if there's a way to disable bloom?