• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

El Diablo

My god, I downloaded that this morning and it was at 1.3. He's been putting stuff out quick for that.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'll always be shooting someone and on my screen hit them 5+ times, then they will turn to me and hit me once and I die, then on the killcam I see them standing 5+ feet away from where I was shooting them on my screen and it looks like I'm shooting no where near them.

Oh god yes this happens to me too.

There are even times when it will show the kill cam and they aren't even AIMING AT ME at all and I die!

Personally I love how everything looks in this game. Couldn't be happier with how it looks in multiplayer.

As far as Vsync goes, I always play with Vsync on in Singleplayer Games. But in competitive games Vsync is always off.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I win mid-long range fights FAR more frequently than I win close range ones.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I win mid-long range fights FAR more frequently than I win close range ones.

Close range ones I find myself moving the cursor all over the place to try to get a good hit on the guy (controller I'm using) and most of the time I end up losing. When I look at the killcam though I noticed the guy hit me less and didn't have armor enabled...really pissing me off. I think I need to adjust my sensitivity though because when aiming down the sight on a controller right now my sensitvity is too high and I can't even hit a guy at mid-long range because getting the cursor on him to start is hard. Haven't had much time on keyboard though

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Close range ones I find myself moving the cursor all over the place to try to get a good hit on the guy (controller I'm using) and most of the time I end up losing. When I look at the killcam though I noticed the guy hit me less and didn't have armor enabled...really pissing me off. I think I need to adjust my sensitivity though because when aiming down the sight on a controller right now my sensitvity is too high and I can't even hit a guy at mid-long range because getting the cursor on him to start is hard. Haven't had much time on keyboard though

So why are you using controller?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Some shots with AA disabled using that config tool, gets rid of the "blur" filter.

2c0ebd032717a51788bca9bea35ce68a80113f87.jpg

4eb1714bb53e7beb4a62dddd08338415cbdef322.jpg

76c7c1718cc2234156d6f5a48ed835ed869bcf61.jpg

a1991578d58b2671d1bf54bd8eedda128e4739b7.jpg

7a79f2b12340e7fa570b6ab83a67a973d38c50a8.jpg

d86212533e58bd3ba493520edfa328987d086b62.jpg

Trigun

I Dunno, I don't find it blurry at all personally.
If anything is for sure, Crysis 2 isn't some boring Real life Emulator like Crysis 1 was. It has character and style.

That's just me though.

El Diablo

I really hate when games over use bloom as if its supposed to make games look good and more realistic or something. When I walk outside the street doesn't look like it is made out of aluminum foil, it absorbs the light >.>.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I really hate when games over use bloom as if its supposed to make games look good and more realistic or something. When I walk outside the street doesn't look like it is made out of aluminum foil, it absorbs the light >.>.

Hahaha. I wish I could turn off the blur filter :(

El Diablo

Personally I'm having fun and enjoying the multiplayer. Apparently there was a patch today for the servers, I think the games not starting thing might have been fixed, and now ranked games start at 4 players instead of 6.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This game's not fun.

Console or PC? Even with all the gimps they made in regards to settings and such this game still feels PC-oriented. Don't think I'd enjoy it on a console.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Console or PC? Even with all the gimps they made in regards to settings and such this game still feels PC-oriented. Don't think I'd enjoy it on a console.

He's on console. I don't think I would enjoy it on console mainly because of the poorer graphics. Not sure what you don't like about it though Abe, the singleplayer is really enjoyable for me; multiplayer could use some improvements in terms of lag (even with a good ping). It's a nice change in pace from the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield for me; I don't have to run-and-gun so much, I can actually sit back and strategize before entering a battle.

Multiplayer is enjoyable but right now I'm not a huge fan of the PC seeing how it's tough to get into a match and a lot of servers have custom settings...and rotation of game modes so I generally have to back out and find a new server.

Trigun

I see the opposite. To me Bloom is like when you look into the sun (Or the sun is really bright in a certain direction)and it hurts your eyes so you have to either squint, look away, or put your hand over your forehead

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I still can't log into MyCrysis =/ Anyone have a solution?

I couldn't either but I reset my password using the Forgotten password option on mycrysis.com and after that was able to use it. I also posted on the forum there a few times which may have helped.

Dan

Contributor
The Demo for PS3 doesn't work at all. After some looking around, it worked for a couple of hours after launch. That was about 2 weeks ago...

Trigun

Demo is MP only anyway.
They shut down all servers on all platforms a week before launch

Edit:
I accepted someone's friend request but it just disappeared after it was accepted. Do people only appear on your list when they are online?
Anyone know?

I looooove blurs and bloom. I even turn them up if I can.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
One of my better games:
[video=youtube;3nE1cNzkbwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nE1cNzkbwM[/video]