• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Get it on PC you noob :p
For anyone who hasn't added me, mycrysis name: ElXando
For those of you who bought it on steam or added it to steam like me, do you ever find you accidentally open the steam overlay by trying to look at the scoreboard while running?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Get it on PC you noob :p
For anyone who hasn't added me, mycrysis name: ElXando
For those of you who bought it on steam or added it to steam like me, do you ever find you accidentally open the steam overlay by trying to look at the scoreboard while running?

Nope.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
He's on console. I don't think I would enjoy it on console mainly because of the poorer graphics. Not sure what you don't like about it though Abe, the singleplayer is really enjoyable for me; multiplayer could use some improvements in terms of lag (even with a good ping). It's a nice change in pace from the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield for me; I don't have to run-and-gun so much, I can actually sit back and strategize before entering a battle.

Multiplayer is enjoyable but right now I'm not a huge fan of the PC seeing how it's tough to get into a match and a lot of servers have custom settings...and rotation of game modes so I generally have to back out and find a new server.

I find the MP level design lacking, and the weapon unlock and customization very unrewarding. The fact that you have to level up to gain access to online play modes pisses me off too, as the FFA, TDM, and HQ that are available early on are super boring. It annoys me that I have to hear the suit talk every time I cloak or go into armor mode as well. I think the spawn system is also pretty poor; twice last night I was blasted from behind with a shotgun less than two seconds after a new match started.

I mean I would like to like this game, but everything about it feels really stale. Having come played the fun Bulletstorm campaign and sinking about 40 hours into Killzone 3's MP prior to starting this may be the cause of this. Killzone 3 has a nice class based online component with an unlock system that let's you reward how you want to play. Crysis 2 seems to have even more cloaked campers than Killzone 3, which I thought was not possible.

I need to give the campaign some more time, but I already know that I am not a fan of the suit telling me that there are "Tactical Options" available every time I am presented with enemy resistance. I just want to kill everything I see, not pussyfoot around corners and duck behind barriers while letting my cloak recharge.

El Diablo

I was on Lighthouse today and think I saw some of that artifacting you were talking about before. I was sniping looking through my scope and leaves would be blowing across my screen and then randomly turn into missingno looking artifacted blocks or streaks/lines across my scope. It wasn't anything serious or game breaking but it definitely is annoying trying to scope and being distracted by random artifact blocks every few seconds :p.

Deathrow

Sniping in this game rocks. Unlike Black Ops, which totally butchered sniping, Crysis 2 physics are perfect in my opinion.

Adiuvo

I'm with Abe on the suit talking thing. Everything I hear 'NANOVISION ENABLED' I want to smash something. Nanovision is needed in mutliplayer to see cloaked people easily and having the suit say that each time drives me up the wall.

My MyCrysis name is Adiuvo by the way.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I was in a server earlier with a guy with autoaim. I'll upload a video soon.

El Diablo

I don't even notice the suit talking now is it that noticeable to you guys :O?

I'm going to have to buy a new wireless adapter. My adapter sucks for windows 7 and always loses connections and the drivers cause BSODs. Usually it happens when I download big things but when I play Crysis it happens too frequently. I'm getting multiple BSODs a day if I play the game, which also causes me to lose any xp I got while in the server. Very annoying.

Adiuvo

Only Nanovision Enabled is noticeable for me. Cloak and armor are fine, but I think the way the N is stressed makes the former phrase annoying.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I'm liking the campaign so far, I torrented it, so I can't play online :( but I like the whole cloaking aspect of the game, it makes it interesting, I never played the first one

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'm with Abe on the suit talking thing. Everything I hear 'NANOVISION ENABLED' I want to smash something. Nanovision is needed in mutliplayer to see cloaked people easily and having the suit say that each time drives me up the wall.

My MyCrysis name is Adiuvo by the way.

I love the voice. Absolutely love it.

And Cloaked people are not THAT hard to see.
The game is really designed well in my opinion. And it's balanced there is a near counter to everything.

El Diablo

I'm liking the campaign so far, I torrented it, so I can't play online :( but I like the whole cloaking aspect of the game, it makes it interesting, I never played the first one

Check like 2 posts above you.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor