• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware User Guides

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Toailoa91

can you have 3.11 and still do a custom firmware?

Roe

Can someone try to make a user guide for 3.30oe like a list of good plugins

eskelapa

hi i'm noobie here. i want to ask some question...

i have a psp with custom firmware 3.03oe. my psp version before is 3.03 sony firmware...
if i want to downgrade it do i need a gta umd?

or i only need to put a recovery file to my psp. thanks

Roe

hi i'm noobie here. i want to ask some question...

i have a psp with custom firmware 3.03oe. my psp version before is 3.03 sony firmware...
if i want to downgrade it do i need a gta umd?

or i only need to put a recovery file to my psp. thanks
Yes you can just put the recovery folder in game then run it from the recovery menu

Krelian

Being specific.

Official firmware from Sony doesn't allow you to run homebrew.
So none of the emulators or XMB customizations or any of the special PSP features we talk about on this forum can be used.
Because of this it is VERY important to be specific when talking about 3.40 or 3.40OE or 3.51 or 3.51M33 firmwares - they are all very different!

sukhi10

The sony firmwares are useless i prefer custom firmwares at least we can use homebrew with them sony is doing this because he doesn't like homebrew community.

sukhi10

I'm bit confused if the sony ones don't play homebrew games the original psp must have 1.5 which must play homebrew games so all the psp which have latest firmwares to play homebrew games you have to install 1.5 update file which i assume is the original sony's file is that correct.

Acerthief

I'm bit confused if the sony ones don't play homebrew games the original psp must have 1.5 which must play homebrew games so all the psp which have latest firmwares to play homebrew games you have to install 1.5 update file which i assume is the original sony's file is that correct.

OE/M33 is the mixture of sony official firmware 1.5 and the other new one (if it says 3.40OE-A if means it a mix of 1.5 and 3.40) thats why you need 1.5 and 3.40 files when you flash. so you are correct.

**and be caution with the double posting. you've been doing it a lot of times already.:smile:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

But you can't just go to 1.5 from any other firmware, even though it IS official- It won't let you go back versions. It will only let you go forward. If only it was that easy, though.:p

Katosen

I'm alo a new person. However, I'm not so new to homebrew. Just to PSP homebrew.

I just got a PSP, a phat, with software v.3.50
All these guides I see...so confusing xD

appoloin

i'm new to the psp so i dont have a clue what any1 is talking about when they say different batteries and having to downgrade.
is there an idiots guide for people who know NOTHING about the psp whatsoever

january39

eXo Staff