• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom soundtracks in Burnout

sum41

There is already a thread in the PSP FAQs and Guides on how to dump your UMD so this guide assumes you've already got your ISO on your computer.This guide is for Legends and Dominator with the number of trax and the trax folder the only differences,which I've put in brackets.

1 download EAC PSP Edition from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46HIYRIQ
2 unpack the file and install
3 put all the mp3 files you wish to encode into one folder(legends contains 23 trax)dominator 35),start EAC PSP Edition
4 click EAC (top corner)then press convert mp3 to hard disk it will bring up a window
5 navigate to your mp3 folder and select all your mp3s then press open
6 a window will appear asking for destination (I make new folder called TOC just easier to find later) and press save
7 it will now encode your files
8 download umdgen 3.5 from http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/689
9 unpack the file and click the UMDGEN symbol
10 press file then open disk image a window will appear locate your iso double click it to open
11 you will now have a PSP GAME folder and a UMD DATA BIN
12 select both, right click then press extract selected, it will ask for destination folder(I call mine burn again easier to find)
13 after extraction close umdgen 3.5 and go to your folder(burn) and locate the music folder(PSP GAME>USRDIR>music legends) and (PSP GAME>USRDIR>trax dominator)
14 the music files will be named EATrax00.mus EATrax01.mus EATrax02.mus ect
15 now open your TOC file folder and rename your TOC files as they are in the music folder(they are case sensitive)
16 copy your renamed TOC files and paste them into the music folder(legends)trax folder(dominator) it will ask if sure press yes to all
17 open umdgen again and drag n drop your PSP GAME folder and UMD DATA BIN inside
18 select both go to file then save as, select destination folder and name iso(I call iso burn so not to get mixed up with origonal)
19 put on your psp and away you go

Doubleagent74

Great guide...just did my tracks a few minutes ago. Nothing quite like jamming to Disturbed in Road Rage Mode. 8)

Two things to add: 1) There are actually 21 tracks in Legends, not 23--EA skipped some numbers for some reason; 2) Make sure you have a UMD in the drive and have NO-UMD disabled or the game will freeze at the first loading screen.

EDIT: Oops...apparently, there *are* 23 tracks after all. I wondered why I was getting dead space every now and then. My bad.

daylight

Sounds pretty interesting. Gonna give it a try soon, but got a couple of questions first. Hope someone can help me out here.

1) Would we be able to load existing saves on the new Burnout ISO with the custom tracks?
2) Will the titles of our custom tracks show up? (Like when you're playing and the window pops up briefly at the bottom left corner with the track info whenever a new song comes on.)

Also, does anyone have another link for the EAC PSP edition? I can never seem to get anything off Megaupload. Thanks!