• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Steam Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition System Requirements Outed

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
darksouls.jpg

The Steam page for Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition has outed the official system requirements. Previous comments from producer Daisuke Uchiyama regarding a lack of optimization for the PC port raised potential concerns, but it turns out the specifications are incredibly reasonable. Required is a 2.6GHz dual core CPU, plus either an ATI Radeon 4850 or 8800GT on the graphics card side.

Continue reading...

LocutusEstBorg

I love GFWL. It's pretty much the only factor I consider when buying original PC games. Why the hell would you not want it? The achievements are integrated with your Xbox Live account and counts towards your Gamerscore. There is no reason to buy an original game if it only has disadvantages over the pirated version (DRM).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I love GFWL. Why the hell would you not want it? There is no reason to buy an original game if the only has disadvantages over the pirated version (DRM).

There was a GFWL bug in Arkham City that deleted saves at random. Last I checked it still wasn't patched either. Pretty annoying.

Aside from that, any games that use GFWL tend to have terrible online/matchmaking.

Would've been awesome if Dark Souls used Steamworks, being able to join multiplayer games from your Steam friends list just makes the experience much more seamless.