• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Darkspore Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just got into the beta courtesy of Amazon (e-mail offering me a key because of my "interest" in PC games). Game deserves its own thread now, so here are my impressions:

Just finished playing the beta today and man was I impressed. Let's just say this is looking to be a nice title to hold me over until Diablo III. I might even suggest it to all my friends so we can get in on the co-op action. Combat system is great, random drops are solid, the level structure is consistent (boss at end is always fun to look forward to) and the bonus rewards at the end of each level are a really nice touch. The game also rewards you with better gear if you continue straight into another mission/level. You're unable to equip new items within the level (must wait until you finish the level) which makes it riskier to continue to another level. Items are a little cryptic when you pick them up in the level but it's very easy to compare old vs. new items. Although so far, from what I've seen, it's more or less like Phantasy Star Online than Diablo when it comes to action RPGs.

Overall it was a great experience.

TeamOverload

Been invited into the Beta for a while but never got around to actually downloading. Got an email saying beta servers were online this weekend though, so I'll give it a go probably since I don't have anything better to do right now haha.