• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Demon's Souls

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
looks pretty cool. a first person mode would be great. the music is very nice too

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
It looks like the guy that's playing it is having a bit of difficulty controlling the character. Also the attacks seem a little slow and boring.

I'll pass

Bran

Yell
haha, nice.

This is exactly how I though the thread would go so far. I new Trigun would have something good to say about it cause his tastes in games are far less western main stream than everyone else's.

This game looks like it plays just like a 3rd person King's Field. It's a slow paced game, which is usually unheard of, but it forces you worry about the monsters that move faster than you and to really absorb the environments and music.

Attacking is slow because you have a damage gauge that must recharge before you attack again to do any significant damage. Which is supposed to make you time your strikes at the monsters most weak times, usually just before or after they attack.

Personally I'm not sure how well this game will do in 3rd person, but I know the King's Field user base is gonna be all over it and buy it up without second guessing if it has a first person setting. I know I will.

twelve

I'm not dead
If it does have a first person mode then I can see it being playable but from those videos it looks too inaccurate for any kind of fun.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
yeah, the combat doesn't look amazing or anything but i would most certainly be able to put up with it. first person is what this game truly needs and if we haven't seen shots yet then it's a bit unlikely that it will have one.
but. we can always hope

Bran

Yell
yeah, the combat doesn't look amazing or anything but i would most certainly be able to put up with it. first person is what this game truly needs and if we haven't seen shots yet then it's a bit unlikely that it will have one.
but. we can always hope

Well it's made by the same people who made King's Field and those were very early videos. I'd seriously hope they'd add first person.