• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Adiuvo

While I'm tempted to download that as it allows you to skip the intro videos apparently, I don't want to mess up my gamefiles in any way.

I folded and gave my self all the augments. It's so much more fun this way.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just beat the game, was great.

Few complaints I have include the pre-rendered FMVs, long unskippable intro videos, inability to remap quick load/save, the use of arbitrary 'bars' for showing damage/rate of fire/reload time values on weapons instead of numerical values, having to open a separate screen to see information on weapons instead of in a window to the side (like how Deus Ex handled it) and having the battery only recharge a single cell.

Really liked the various pop culture and gaming culture references.
Some of the aesthetics (especially in Hengsha) have a sort of Blade Runner feel to them.

Here's a few screenshots, no spoilers though.

City view of Montreal
qmVqC.jpg

Anyone who's played the first game will recognise this statue
jchhY.jpg

Similarily, anyone who's played Half-Life should recognise the text from these few emails.
hC2tJ.jpg

aUmGq.jpg

7NdzX.jpg

Anyone seen/remember the film Office Space?
jt2QH.jpg

Finally, Cpl Dwayne Hicks. It's a reference to Aliens.
gaIyH.jpg

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think that Office Space is closer to Dwight from the American version of The Office, especially with the Jim reference at the end.

The console version has a nicer HUD in my opinion. There are no items strewn across the bottom of the screen.

Adiuvo

I was disappointed that you couldn't use the wheel in the PC version. I would have preferred that over the number based system that's used now, despite it being in the original.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was disappointed that you couldn't use the wheel in the PC version. I would have preferred that over the number based system that's used now, despite it being in the original.

You can if you're using a 360 controller. I don't know why it's not possible to map it to a hotkey or something :/