• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dexter

Andy

Champion of the Sun
We don't already have a thread for this?

So what's everyone's thoughts on the new season? I'm really enjoying it so far, but if Dexter becomes religious I'll kill myself.

Anyone else convinced that Professor Gellar is Travis' hallucination? Just like Dexter and his dad. We've never seen Gellar interact with ANYONE so far, and no one has payed any attention to him other than Travis. My guess is that Gellar is actually dead.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
[BLACKOUT]He was on the cover of that newspaper last episode and all of the detectives are looking into his past.[/BLACKOUT]

Andy

Champion of the Sun
[BLACKOUT]He was on the cover of that newspaper last episode and all of the detectives are looking into his past.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Yeah I get that he's a real person, I just believe that his "disappearance" is actually where he's died, maybe killed by Travis I dunno. Everything just seems to point to him being a 'ghost' like Harry is. I remember the episode where they had that guy captive in the church, the dude acted as though Gellar wasn't even there, never reacted to him talking, never looked at him.[/BLACKOUT]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I picked up on Dexter at the start of the season last year (caught up relatively quickly). I never gave the show a chance but was glad I finally caved in and watched it all. The show never seems to disappoint. Never afraid to kill of a character

Zx30

Beto
Dexter rocks. I've watched all the seasons thus far. I started around season 3(it was then that I rented and watched all the episodes before that). Still love it and also I think you're right about your theory so far in this season. One of my favorite series ever so far.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I Was hoping they would try something other than having yet another serial killer storyline. How many high profile serial killers does Miami have.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Last nights episode, holy shit. [BLACKOUT]Looks like Brian is now guiding Dexter instead of Harry, this should get interesting. Also I saw more evidence for the Gellar Ghost theory; Travis was being described as an artist and then later we see Gellar painting a picture. Also it's kind of poetic that Travis seems to be turning away from his dark passenger (Gellar) while Dexter is turning towards his (Brian). Not sure how I feel about Jonah becoming the 'Trinity' killer, seems a bit silly but we'll see how it goes.[/BLACKOUT]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm going to watch it tonight. Watched Walking Dead instead last night.

I do like your theory Andy. Not something I even remotely considered but I do agree it's a possibility.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
After last nights episode I definitely think Andys theory is right. [BLACKOUT] It's exactly the same connection Dexter/Harry have. And now that Dexter is seeing Brian and acting wildly(assumed by the previews) it just makes sense that Gellar is in Travis' head.[/BLACKOUT]

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah every since I read Andys post, I'm thinking the same.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I finally watched the last two episodes I had on DVR.
And I'm not going to get into whole debra is in love with dexter thing, but why in the world would a serial killer who managed to evade capture for this long decided to set up a kill room in a crime scene your lieutenant/sister knows you are going to be at. and that is just one of the things that made no damn sense.
I know it's a TV show but there were too many WTF moments this season.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I finally watched the last two episodes I had on DVR.
And I'm not going to get into whole debra is in love with dexter thing, but why in the world would a serial killer who managed to evade capture for this long decided to set up a kill room in a crime scene your lieutenant/sister knows you are going to be at. and that is just one of the things that made no damn sense.
I know it's a TV show but there were too many WTF moments this season.

I really agree. After watching Breaking Bad I feel like the script writing for Dexter this season has actually been very inconsistent and full of plot holes. Overall I'm glad with the cliffhanger, but this should have happened with S5, we didn't need a filler season like this.