• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Diablo 3

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so...opinions?

i've enjoyed it so far, but coming from D2, alot of attribute/skill customization has been cut out, which makes me feel like progressing is very linear now, instead of being free to choose as i please.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I prefer the skill tree from Diablo 2, it felt like you had more control over what kind of character build you went with. With this things are just unlocked and your choice doesn't have a huge impact on your character since you can easily switch between skills.

Either way I put a good 5 hours into D3 yesterday and was having fun.

Moose

Meta Moose
I have really enjoyed playing this game, like Frozen I put in a solid 4-5 hours on it yesterday. However, it is far, far too easy. Almost every enemy you kill gives a health orb, which would be fine if they were difficult to kill and the health orbs were a prize for your efforts, but unfortunately so far there has been no monster I have encountered which worried me about dying.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I have really enjoyed playing this game, like Frozen I put in a solid 4-5 hours on it yesterday. However, it is far, far too easy. Almost every enemy you kill gives a health orb, which would be fine if they were difficult to kill and the health orbs were a prize for your efforts, but unfortunately so far there has been no monster I have encountered which worried me about dying.

Just wait until you try the other difficulty modes

El Diablo

I hate when people complain about the difficulty at the start of the game. If someone had hopped into D2 normal mode act 1, it was maybe slightly more challenging than D3 but it was extremely easy compared to the rest of the game. Maybe it's just me but act 1 gradually got more difficult as you got farther, and act 2 already seems more difficult than 1 although I'm not very far. I'm just saying you're in act 1/4 on difficulty 1/4 how hard do you want it to be?

Also something a lot of people don't seem to know about is "Elective Mode" in the options. It allows you to bind any skill to any spot on the action bar. It opens a lot more room for different build/skill options and doesn't force you to use the categories of spells that they set up by default.

I haven't been able to put as much time into it as I want to but I have been having so much fun with the game. While I agree there are some changes from 2 that I don't like, there's stuff I do like as well. The game is still Diablo and I love it.

Also...
[video=youtube;I43GUnZN_s4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43GUnZN_s4[/video]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's safe to say that D3 gets much harder in Nightmare mode as expected. I'm actually struggling quite a bit (dying too easily to groups of elite mobs)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This game is such a mess it's not even funny.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=13

I've been reading this thread for like the past hour.

It's hysterical! And then sad. So sad.

And yet, some of this wouldn't have happened(For those who play alone in non-public games.) with a clear cut OFFLINE ONLY MODE. Where you can play the SP game without the ABILITY to take that character ONLINE in ANY WAY, or transfer items or money to a character that CAN. There would be 0 possibility of your game account being hacked and losing any of your stuff.

But seeing as the game apparently has been rumored to have been designed so some features are done entirely server side, it makes it clear that they want everyone as much as possible,to have the possibility of using the RMAH someday, where you have the illusion of "Hey i'm making money off of nothing!" when in reality ActivisionBlizzard is profiting from the millions and millions of transactions, each with a 1$ fee for Equipment, a 15% fee for craftables and a final 15% cash out fee.

So not only do they make all the money on the 2+ million 60$ purchases for a PC game. They have the possibility of millions of dollars in extra profit under the guise of "You can make money!" and "It's to prevent hacking/Security issues" (So you can't play offline)
Then the online mode would have online specific characters not stored on your hard drive, but via BNet accounts like it is now.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=13

I've been reading this thread for like the past hour.

It's hysterical! And then sad. So sad.

And yet, some of this wouldn't have happened(For those who play alone in non-public games.) with a clear cut OFFLINE ONLY MODE. Where you can play the SP game without the ABILITY to take that character ONLINE in ANY WAY, or transfer items or money to a character that CAN. There would be 0 possibility of your game account being hacked and losing any of your stuff.

But seeing as the game apparently has been rumored to have been designed so some features are done entirely server side, it makes it clear that they want everyone as much as possible,to have the possibility of using the RMAH someday, where you have the illusion of "Hey i'm making money off of nothing!" when in reality ActivisionBlizzard is profiting from the millions and millions of transactions, each with a 1$ fee for Equipment, a 15% fee for craftables and a final 15% cash out fee.

So not only do they make all the money on the 2+ million 60$ purchases for a PC game. They have the possibility of millions of dollars in extra profit under the guise of "You can make money!" and "It's to prevent hacking/Security issues" (So you can't play offline)
Then the online mode would have online specific characters not stored on your hard drive, but via BNet accounts like it is now.

TL;DR version:

1 - Makes SP game with always on feature;
2 - Not be Ubisoft
3 - ???? (backed by fanboys)
4 - PROFIT!

KezraPlanes

Just some dood