• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Diablo III Dated for May 15th!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Blizzard has just announced that the long-awaited third entry into the Diablo series will be launching on May 15th this year. For interested parties you can digitally pre-order the game and download the game that will be unlocked on May 15th so you'll be able to immediately start playing[...]

Continue reading: Diablo III Dated for May 15th!...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This was right around my estimated window for the game (late May - early June was my guess). Might have to make time for this game and say goodbye to my MW3 game nights with my friend...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Crazy that they just all of a sudden announce it coming in a few months. :S

A lot of content was "cut" to reach this deadline. Expect to see it as DLC in the time after release, they are going to milk the hell out of this.

El Diablo

All of the sudden? This game was supposed to be out like a year ago and they have done nothing but remove content from the game and delay the release date. It's not going to be dlc, it will just be patches. Blizzard wont make you buy dlc to pvp, it will be patched in.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
All of the sudden? This game was supposed to be out like a year ago and they have done nothing but remove content from the game and delay the release date. It's not going to be dlc, it will just be patches. Blizzard wont make you buy dlc to pvp, it will be patched in.

Just watch them :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just watch them :p

You clearly are not too familiar with Blizzard and how they do things. These things that have been cut from the game to meet release will be finished eventually and added to the game not as DLC but as patches as El Diablo said. They will not charge for content they have "removed."

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
You clearly are not too familiar with Blizzard and how they do things. These things that have been cut from the game to meet release will be finished eventually and added to the game not as DLC but as patches as El Diablo said. They will not charge for content they have "removed."

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. Blizzard has shown that Activision has a firm hand on the way they do things: case in point, no LAN in Starcraft II so they could control all the gaming through Battle.net (including the esports scene). Also the way the completely destroyed WoW and basically turned it into a joke with Pok

El Diablo

Diablo 3 will not have stupid shit like paid DLC for something like PvP or other features in the game. I'll be the first to bitch about how Blizzard does things now, don't get me wrong. I despise WoW and what they have done to it, but it was ruined way before Pandas and Pokemon battles. That game was ruined long ago. Some people would argue the first expansion, I'd personally have to say it seriously began going downhill midway through Wrath.

Despite what they have done to WoW however that does not mean they will "milk" diablo 3 for everything they can with DLC or other inane shit. WoW is their cash cow. That is where they make the vast majority of their money, of course they will conform to the majority instead of the minority in that game to make as much money as possible. It doesn't matter if they piss off 1 or 2 million people as long as they keep 11 million people happy.

No LAN in Starcraft sucks, it does. It really fucking blows, but there are options to play the game LAN like starfriend. Not optimal, I know, but it is still possible. Other than LAN, SC2 is an amazing game. Sure Bnet 2.0 isn't perfect but the game itself I would say is near flawless. It is an amazing game. People complaining about Blizzard turning it into "3 games vs 1" can't seem to comprehend that Sc2 with one campaign is bigger than Starcraft 1.

I'm fully confident that Blizzard will not turn into Activision CoD division and pump out any poor excuse of "dlc" they can and get people to pay for it. Blizzard will continue to activley patch and balance and fix bugs in the game the same way they do in every other game and release some new content that wasn't able to make it. I'm not denying they won't have at least one expansion but is that really milking the game? They also have the RMAH now. Again, people bitch about this but you can either have....a RMAH supported, run by, and managed by Blizzard or you can deal with sketchy hackers and foreigners and untrustworthy people on third party websites trying to sell gold/items. Blizzard took a huge problem in Diablo 2, made it a feature in the game and supported it giving you the ability to make money from the game legally. Sure they are making some money from it themselves, but it's way better than the alternatives from Diablo 2 that ruined the game.

I don't know, maybe I'm jaded and too trusting of one of the last true PC game companies to continue to make games how they always have without ruining it, but I don't see there being DLC and other stupid shit like that in this game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Diablo 3 will not have stupid shit like paid DLC for something like PvP or other features in the game. I'll be the first to bitch about how Blizzard does things now, don't get me wrong. I despise WoW and what they have done to it, but it was ruined way before Pandas and Pokemon battles. That game was ruined long ago. Some people would argue the first expansion, I'd personally have to say it seriously began going downhill midway through Wrath.

Despite what they have done to WoW however that does not mean they will "milk" diablo 3 for everything they can with DLC or other inane shit. WoW is their cash cow. That is where they make the vast majority of their money, of course they will conform to the majority instead of the minority in that game to make as much money as possible. It doesn't matter if they piss off 1 or 2 million people as long as they keep 11 million people happy.

No LAN in Starcraft sucks, it does. It really fucking blows, but there are options to play the game LAN like starfriend. Not optimal, I know, but it is still possible. Other than LAN, SC2 is an amazing game. Sure Bnet 2.0 isn't perfect but the game itself I would say is near flawless. It is an amazing game. People complaining about Blizzard turning it into "3 games vs 1" can't seem to comprehend that Sc2 with one campaign is bigger than Starcraft 1.

I'm fully confident that Blizzard will not turn into Activision CoD division and pump out any poor excuse of "dlc" they can and get people to pay for it. Blizzard will continue to activley patch and balance and fix bugs in the game the same way they do in every other game and release some new content that wasn't able to make it. I'm not denying they won't have at least one expansion but is that really milking the game? They also have the RMAH now. Again, people bitch about this but you can either have....a RMAH supported, run by, and managed by Blizzard or you can deal with sketchy hackers and foreigners and untrustworthy people on third party websites trying to sell gold/items. Blizzard took a huge problem in Diablo 2, made it a feature in the game and supported it giving you the ability to make money from the game legally. Sure they are making some money from it themselves, but it's way better than the alternatives from Diablo 2 that ruined the game.

I don't know, maybe I'm jaded and too trusting of one of the last true PC game companies to continue to make games how they always have without ruining it, but I don't see there being DLC and other stupid shit like that in this game.

As I said, I hope you are right, but their attitude has changed over the years to the point they feel entitled to a damn name of a game that isn't even theirs. Also, they are working on a MMO FPS, if that hasn't Activision written all over it, I don't know what does. But I reiterate, I hope you and Frozen are right.