• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Did my first controller painting!

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
img00004bzk.jpg

Here it is, finished. I painted it several weeks ago, then I just let it sit on my counter because I had no motivation to try and put it back together. The original color was the Elite black.

img00005i.jpg

Here it is from the bottom. I'm going to tear it apart again and spray paint that gray piece that pops out. I didn't realize how out of place it would look. Yeah, the bottom of the battery compartment wasn't intentional, I didn't give it enough passes over with the spray paint. That being said, it does look kind of neat.

img00006k.jpg

This is just what it looks like from behind.

The whole painting process was relatively straight forward. If anyone is interested in a tutorial of sorts. (even though there are a couple others out there, I could probably go more in depth.)

Thoughts/Criticisms?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Nice, the red side looks like the MS made ones.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
img00029h.jpg

Took a slightly different route this time. I'll snap a better picture of the finished product. Probably going to order some different colors soon.

Moose

Meta Moose
What kind of paint do you use for this? Just generic spray paint?

EDIT: Reading the thread might help eh. :p Nevermind.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
One thing I may have forgot to note, is the texture of the painted parts. They have a slightly smoother, yet more 'grippy' feel to them. I actually kind of prefer it to the stock feel, but once you start playing it's not really noticeable.