• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi digital download or physical copy?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Simple question, which do you prefer? Digital copies of your movies, and games. Or a psychical copy you can own.
Pros of psychical-
-Own CD
-Resell your game once done, rent games.
Cons-

-Scratches CD making the disc useless

Pros Of digital-
-No scratches
-always have your dvd,CD on hardrive till
-Storage
-Price

Cons Of Digital-
-Lost content
-Hardrive wipe
-Storage room

I prefer digital for arcade games (xbl), other then that I love own psychical copy to resell later, or loan out to a friend.

I have no clue how set up a poll, if a admin or mod setup one thx.

Bulgar Trev

I would rather have physical copies simply because they take up less space in the real world than what they do on a memory device. But the sad thing is they WILL deteriorate over time. I remember there was a little problem with Blu-Ray's "rotting" a while ago?

Moose

Meta Moose
I prefer digital purely because I can take almost my whole collection of movies and movies on an external HDD (and games in some cases). =D

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Digital here... Price more than makes upfor the lack of physical...

eighty4

I'm al for digital as of now. Since most of the time, if I were delete something off my iPhone or PSP and go to download it again, the service will let me for free. Pirated copies on the other hand aren't backed up for the most part once deleted.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Let me ask you all this. When the robots take over the world and rapture happens.... where will your digital copies be then? Thats right... in the hands of the enemy. We dont need the robots listening to our Fleetwood Mac albums and watching our episodes of Red versus Blue.

Physical copies all the way.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Physical...I can play it, I can take it to a friends place, I can sell it, I can break it and stab a motherfucker in the eye with it.

I'm old fashioned, I like being able to take my games and my save files (I miss memory cards) with me if I want.

Ragnarok

Physical all the way

I used to be on the physical bandwagon, but after using Steam, digital download seems so much more useful. No more lost discs, no more switching discs, no more damage, quick install, etc. Unfortunately, DRM is what screws digital over. Steam's not that bad, but without a internet connection, you can't use your games, and some DRM for digital download is just ridiculous (see SecuROM).

Joey

Physical if it's a cartridge, digital if it's a CD.

I love seeing my SNES cartridges all lined up on my bookshelf. I don't give half a shit about a disc, so I'd rather have it digital. Especially if I can have it tied to an account that I can access from any where (ie Steam). The idea that I can get a new computer, and redownload and install all my games with the click of a button makes me a very happy bunny.

I'm 100% behind the digital initiative.

Adiuvo

Physical. Having an actual copy in my hand is a lot more satisfying then downloading a game off of the internet.