• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Do you think transparent, flashy LED cases are ugly?

PsypheR

I don't know why, but I think the transparent, add-a-frickin'-LED-in-every-place-possible look is ugly. I've seen some cool mods, but what are these people thinking?! Doesn't it get annoying when the tower glows brighter than a Christmas tree? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I exagerated a bit there but I have seen some :neutral: cases.
Also, some of these cases reminds me of this:
turbo-engine.jpg

(going overboard)

Don't take anything personally :D

ilyace

Doesn't really bother me lol. I've got the antec 900 with 4 blue led fans and one green led fan on my cpu cooler. I like the leds and the side panel window in cases, but a case I love the look of is the Antec P182.

Hardrive

Contributor
I prefer cases that DON'T glow in the dark like an alien spaceship about to abduct you. That's one of the main reasons I got the Antec p180 (no lights).

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I like cases with LEDs but not OTT, I prefer functionality over looks, hence why I bought the Coolermaster Elite 330 instead of a cheap LED one, if you can afford a functional LED case which isn't OTT then it is nice and adds a bit more of you to your case if you get me.

Whisper

Logic :(
If the computer can play any game I throw at it then yes. I really don't care what the case looks like.

eighty4

I have never seen any other group of people besides caucasians who wear long black shirts and still drive with one hand while leaning back do that.

Whisper

Logic :(
Hiratai said:
I have never seen any other group of people besides caucasians who wear long black shirts and still drive with one hand while leaning back do that.
Wait what did you just say?

twelve

I'm not dead
I prefer a clean looking case that's been custom modded. Not some cheap POS that came with a window and looks just like everyone elses.

I've always taken out the shitty LED fans and replace them with some that actually work and move air around. If I want the case to light up I do it properly with some cold cathodes, not sub-standard fans.

Currently I don't have a single PC with a window or lights inside it. They all run very quietly. My consoles on the otherhand are light up like xmas trees (or at least the last gen are).

Noriyuke

Mind you, i don't like a lot of those cheap cases that do make LED's look like UFO's. But NZXT makes some really nice looking really big, really sturdy cases. Which makes LED's look less like UFO type shit. But thats my opinion.

eighty4

As long as a PC looks nice and place games well I don't mind it - but I got a Mac so it's all old news regarding what it looks like but I still play my games nicely. :)

Noriyuke

Most would agree with you, but i would have to say that after a while of playing nice games on a PC, and when the PC sometimes lags up, don't you just look at the tower like, WTF!??! Well i do a lot, and its nice to know that when yell at the tower for freezing or lagging or whatever, that it will glow and whir and whiz at you right back, rather than just quietly hum.

:cool:

kaioshade

Duality
I used to love cases with windows and tons of leds, but nowadays i want a plain case. Guess im getting old.

LocutusEstBorg

I only like cases that are easy to work with, and with sufficient slots for drives. So I bought the Antec Titan Server case.

Its like an armored bunker :D :D :D

And its got 6 HDD slots for my RAID5 array. Plus you can just open the front and slide all the drives out. They lock into place. Its so massive that it hangs over the front AND back of my table. The motherboard ends halfway in the middle of the case.
Titan.jpg

Oh and it weight 15 pounds! Apparently its made out of cold rolled steel and not aluminum!

twelve

I'm not dead
I only like cases that are easy to work with
Don't get a shuttle then.

I had to remove the hard drives, dvd drive, card reader, graphics card and cpu heatsink just to replace the standard 92mm case fan.

Then the stock 8800GT heatsink (single slot) wasn't sufficient for the limited airflow in the case so I replaced that. Had some trouble finding out what aftermarket coolers will fit, but eventually found a zalman one that keeps the card nice and cool.

Best case I've ever had but it's a lot of work to get it running cool while still being quiet.