• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Do you think transparent, flashy LED cases are ugly?

Sullivan

haha my case is everything you guys would call ugly lol, but it does the job and has nice airflow :)

[qimg]https://mxmachines.com/shop/images/antec900.jpg[/qimg]

I have that same exact case, and it looks ok, but cools like a freezer.

One of the best airflow cases you can get. Mine just keeps blowing cool air all the time. Now the huge 240 mm fan on top, I have running on HI speed, its quiter then my cpu fan which I run at high, when I run a heavily huge task such as ripping a dvd, its only a slightly different tempurature.

Here are some pictures of the case and my build:

Case - Please excuse the bad cable management, the power supply is crazy with all the extra cords it has, such as 4 PCI-E.:
DSC00637-1.jpg

GFX Card Bottom:

DSC00623.jpg

RAM and massive Tuniq Tower 120 HeatSink:

DSC00624-1.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

twelve

I'm not dead
haha my case is everything you guys would call ugly lol, but it does the job and has nice airflow :)

[qimg]https://mxmachines.com/shop/images/antec900.jpg[/qimg]

I actually think its a nice clean case except for the top. If it didn't have that huge fan on it I think it'd look so much cleaner.

Sullivan

I actually think its a nice clean case except for the top. If it didn't have that huge fan on it I think it'd look so much cleaner.

It keeps it cool as a ice chest though.

twelve

I'm not dead
Your PC is cool due to the huge heatsink you stuck on your CPU, and the 2x120mm fans on the front of the case will do a hell of a lot more than the top fan.

Then there's also the fact your gfx card wont get anywhere near as hot as a high performance card.

I'd be willing to bet that with your configuration that you could disable that fan and not see a huge difference in temperatures.

Sullivan

I'd be willing to bet that with your configuration that you could disable that fan and not see a huge difference in temperatures.

Your actually quite right on that though, it may be blowing cold air, but the thing is, the fan inside the heat sink which is a 120mm, I have it pointing towards the back of the case, which 1 1/2 inches away is the 120mm case exhaust. I am sure that is the main reason that its cool because hot air is blown out horizontally almost immediately. I am sure if I did some heavy cable management, I could see a bit more of a drop. Most of my PSU cords that are left over are on the very bottom HDD bay, If one didn't have a modular psu and didn't put there cords there, I don't see how they do it.

And that GFX card, that I have, does everything I need it to, hence the reason I got it. And I got it at an extremely cheap price, I can play full 1280p video in any resolution and have it play fine. No lag what so ever.