• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Does anyone else hate iTunes?

Moose

Meta Moose
[RANT]This is just ridiculous. Everytime I start iTunes on my laptop (2GB, 1.5Ghz Dual-Core) it hangs for about 5 minutes before I am able to use it properly. It's so fucking annoying... this has happened to me more than once when I am trying to put some music on my iPod before I leave the house, and I end up just punching the wall. So frustrating.

What the fuck is wrong with Apple? Can't they just make an application for the iPod that is a SIMPLE drag-and-drop interface, with none of the other useless bullshit. Whatever happened to user friendly and SYSTEM FRIENDLY applications. Jeese...

Genius Playlists? I don't want it.
Syncing? Fuck off and let me use my iPod wherever I want. I paid a fucking ton for it and I expect to be able to use it on more than five computers.
All I want is to be able to put music on my iPod without iTunes hanging or crashing for the most pathetic things. Is that so much to ask? No.

And what annoys me the most is that there is no option to disable the RAM-whore of an interface that it uses. God damn you, Apple. God damn you. I should of just bought a cheap-ass MP3 player for

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
iTunes on Windows does suck, I wonder if Apple did it on purpose (I wouldn't put it past them). The OS X version is great IMO. And I'm sure if you're patient the other media players will get everything working with the 2.x firmwares. It doesn't seem like there is an alternative right now, so I guess you'll just have wait :-/

Seth

MD Party Room
This is just ridiculous. Everytime I start iTunes on my laptop (2GB, 1.5Ghz Dual-Core) it hangs for about 5 minutes before I am able to use it properly.
Try using it on a p4 with 756 md of ram on vista... It lag as hell.

What the fuck is wrong with Apple? Can't they just make an application for the iPod that is a SIMPLE drag-and-drop interface
They want people to buy stuff from the itunes store....Otherwise they louse out on profit...

with none of the other useless bullshit. Whatever happened to user friendly and SYSTEM FRIENDLY applications. Jeese...

It runs great on a new Intel mac..
Genius Playlists? I don't want it.
Syncing? Fuck off and let me use my iPod wherever I want. I paid a fucking ton for it and I expect to be able to use it on more than five computers.

All I want is to be able to put music on my iPod without iTunes hanging or crashing for the most pathetic things. Is that so much to ask? No.
And what annoys me the most is that there is no option to disable the RAM-whore of an interface that it uses. God damn you, Apple. God damn you. I should of just bought a cheap-ass MP3 player for

eldiablov

Contributor
You're telling me APPLE cant gain access to a few windows machines to test their product on? Are you mad?

Slasher

Suck It
I fucking hate itunes as well.

When I used to use my ipod, I remember the rage I had with itunes not working. It's a piece of worthless flaming shit.

Now I don't use an ipod because they kept breaking after even less than a year of using it.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Looking into it a bit more, no one has cracked the newest encryption on the 2.x firmwares, so like I said before, you'll just have to wait.

eldiablov

Contributor
The batteries are the biggest problem with ipods. Their life span is pathetic. I've used iTunes once or twice and didnt have many problems. Syncing was as annoying as hell though.

Moose

Meta Moose
Vanden said:
Try using it on a p4 with 756 md of ram on vista... It lag as hell.
I can imagine... My point is that it SHOULDN'T lag at all. What's your point?

Vanden said:
They want people to buy stuff from the itunes store....Otherwise they louse out on profit...
Every iPod someone buys probably covers the iTunes costs for a year. [/sarcasm]

Vanden said:
It runs great on a new Intel mac...
Again... I'm sure it would run good on a Mac. What's your point? I don't have a Mac to use iTunes on. If I did, I wouldn't of made this thread.

Vanden said:
Fine go find any mp3 player that has with a 120gb HDD that doesnt use a desktop client..O wait you cant... On top of that you guys on the otherside of the world dont get any of that...
Huh... funny how I can only use my iPod Touch with iTunes, no other 'desktop clients'. My brother's cheapo MP3 player uses Explorer. Does that count as a Desktop Client? I guess so. And it's the best fucking Desktop Client for an MP3 player I have ever used. Drag-and-drop is what every media device should be able to use.

Vanden said:
Last I used it MediaMonkey works with the ipod touch...Not sure if it still does..
It doesn't.

Vanden said:
Btw be happy with Itunes once you use the crap that is zune software you be beggin to go back....
If the Zune software is anything like WMP... I sorely wish that I could use it with my iPod.

Vanden said:
I feel that Itunes is a great podcast downloader,The best playlist maker,and does it all in a ok style...
Like I said... I want to be able to put music on my iPod, not podcasts.

Vanden said:
Once I upgraded my pc to a quad core and 3gb of ram and 64bit os.. I have not had a problem with Itunes..
I honestly don't understand what you are trying to prove. OF COURSE iTunes would run well on a computer with those specifications. iTunes runs perfectly on my brothers rig... My point is that IT SHOULD WORK ON ANY COMPUTER. I'm not building a gaming computer to run iTunes.

Vanden said:
Btw keep in mind that Apple coders dont use windows...So I cant really blame them for haveing a crappy Itunes port on windows..
I can. There is no excuse for a huge company like Apple to create such a piece of shit.

PSPHax0r9 said:
Looking into it a bit more, no one has cracked the newest encryption on the 2.x firmwares, so like I said before, you'll just have to wait.
Ah right, that explains it then. Thanks. :)

RoBz

sucker
Apart from iTunes taking a while to start up, it doesn't bother me at all. I really like it's interface (maybe it because I've been using it for so long) and the way it makes playlists. I tried getting used to Foobar, but I can't.

RoBz

sucker
My laptop is pretty crappy and it runs fine.
1GB of RAM and a 1.60 GHz Intel Centrino Duo processor.

Vee

Woah. I just logged in to make a topic about how much i hate iTunes and look what i find!

Moose, your starting to see the world of annoyance that i'm constantly dealing with everytime i want to Sync music. I just dont get it. Why can WMP run lightening fast, transfer twice as much music quicker yet iTunes cant even open up in 3 minutes.

To be honest, i think Apple are a shit company. Even though i'm in love with my iTouch, i still think that they could have made it better and are overcharging for it. I mean, even down to the little things. Like when you splash a few hundred pounds on a iTouch, it doesnt even come with proper things anymore! I wont be surprised if the next iPod is just sold on its own, no packaging.

I seriously hate iTunes. Even little things like having iTunes running whilst photoshopping. It freezes everytime i come to open maximize it again. Fucking annoying.

As for your question, i dont think there are any good music applications that sync to the iTouch. You can find ones for the other iPods but because of how the iTouch is ordered, they've had to start all over again in terms of making one.

Does anyone know how to lower the RAM usage of iTunes?

Colm

I need it for my iPod touch
other than that, hated. RAM usage (iTunes + Firefox = 4gb of RAM isn't that much any more) and slowness are the main problems.

mohaas05

And yet sometimes I'm forced to use iTunes because apps like Songbird or gtkPod sometimes destroy my album art or mess up my playlist order.

twelve

I'm not dead
RoBz said:
Apart from iTunes taking a while to start up, it doesn't bother me at all. I really like it's interface (maybe it because I've been using it for so long) and the way it makes playlists. I tried getting used to Foobar, but I can't.
Exact same as me. I was using itunes before I had an ipod. So when I got one I was already used to it and saw no reason to use anything else.

My only complaint is that Genius takes ages to run and sync up. I only enabled genius on my mac as that's the one computer I use for syncing the ipod. All the rest run itunes but with things like Genius disabled.