• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Does anyone else hate iTunes?

Ciaran

Fucking detest iTunes here aswell. Every single feature has been done better on another media player.

How do I scan my library so it removes any deleted files?
How come when I search for some album art it can't find it yet if I play it, it links me to the album in the store complete with album art?
How do I import images into it so it will put them on my iPod?
Why is it using 250mb of ram?
Why does the duplicate catcher flag any two albums that have the same artist?

Vee

Fucking detest iTunes here aswell. Every single feature has been done better on another media player.
Right click on a song, then click Get Info. Then Paste an image into that box.

James.

User Not Found
I don't see whats wrong with iTunes.
Or Zune.

I like the GUI of both of them.
Load times are ok, but if your expecting fast load times wouldn't you have a fast pc? Or close other programs in the background? Edit startup items?

I'm not that tech savvy, so I don't have much clue really.

Seth

MD Party Room
What others seem to think that b/c foobar and winamp and other media players load up with 1/8 the ram that Itunes should to..Or they dont really need the extras that Itunes thrown in...

Moose

Meta Moose
What others seem to think that b/c foobar and winamp and other media players load up with 1/8 the ram that Itunes should to..Or they dont really need the extras that Itunes thrown in...

That's exactly what I think. If Foobar can run well, load within half a second and execute everything it offers seamlessly, then so should iTunes be able to.

twelve

I'm not dead

How do I scan my library so it removes any deleted files?
Delete the songs from the library rather than Windows Explorer.
How come when I search for some album art it can't find it yet if I play it, it links me to the album in the store complete with album art?
I agree this is irritating, doesn't really bother me tho as I don't use coverflo.
I can't remember of the top of my head. I believe it's something that needs enabling in the preferences.
Why is it using 250mb of ram?
Because it's optimised for OSX not Windows. Bad Apple porting.
Why does the duplicate catcher flag any two albums that have the same artist?
Agree that this is really annoying
Sure iTunes isn't perfect but it does the job fine for some people (me).
That's exactly what I think. If Foobar can run well, load within half a second and execute everything it offers seamlessly, then so should iTunes be able to.
iTunes does. On the system it was designed for, OSX.

What apple should have done is create a new program from scratch rather than trying to run something optimised for OSX on another system. Or rebuild iTunes from the ground up for Windows.

Apple and Microsoft work in very similar ways on the other platforms. Messenger for Mac isn't anywhere near as good as Live Messenger on Windows same goes with Office. Safari and iTunes aren't as good in Windows as they are on OSX.

Edit: Perhaps the best thing would have been if Apple had shunned Windows completely and allowed other people to create library managers.

Vee

Apple and Microsoft work in very similar ways on the other platforms. Messenger for Mac isn't anywhere near as good as Live Messenger on Windows same goes with Office. Safari and iTunes aren't as good in Windows as they are on OSX.

Office works perfectly fine on OSX. No problems at all.

Just because an apps native platform is something, doesnt mean it should be crap on everything else.

By that sense, Burnout should be crap on the 360, because its native platform is the PS3 :S

Seth

MD Party Room
O and just incase I dident say why Apple does Ipod lockdown..

Apple's doesn't want anyone else but themselves getting apps and music on their phone. Its an anti-competition thing. By locking it down to itunes only, people are likely to buy all music from ITMS, and they prevent competing application stores starting up.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Office works perfectly fine on OSX. No problems at all.

Just because an apps native platform is something, doesnt mean it should be crap on everything else.

By that sense, Burnout should be crap on the 360, because its native platform is the PS3 :S

Office - even according to CEO Steve Ballmer - is gimped on OS X, not to mention dreadfully integrated, with really stupid design flaws that are completely inconsistent with the OS, and was only in the most recent version updated to perform normally as opposed to needing Rosetta before...Not to mention it still doesn't work correctly with spaces and sometimes fails in Expose. And it's a resource hog.

Other than that, it's great on OS X...;)

Seth

MD Party Room
I cant wait for 2.0 to come out... amarok is really nice.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
iTunes might be slow, but the old Zune software was complete utter shit, it still kind of is.

twelve

I'm not dead
Office - even according to CEO Steve Ballmer - is gimped on OS X, not to mention dreadfully integrated, with really stupid design flaws that are completely inconsistent with the OS, and was only in the most recent version updated to perform normally as opposed to needing Rosetta before...Not to mention it still doesn't work correctly with spaces and sometimes fails in Expose. And it's a resource hog.

Other than that, it's great on OS X...;)
Thanks for typing that, saved me a lot of time.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I was debating whether I should make a Curious Finding out of this one, but I don't like iTunes and this program isn't exactly resource friendly either. Check it out if you're looking for an iTunes alternative. No iPhone or iTouch support yet, though.

It's called Songbird and it is based off of Mozilla's technology. Can't say I really recommend it, but give it a try. Maybe you'll like it.