• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Does anyone else hate iTunes?

nights

iTunes is a bloated POS.

Seth

MD Party Room
Today I found a new love for Itunes...

Coverflow on a on my tv looks fucking beautiful....I dont see any other music manger that does this and looks as nice...

Noriyuke

i have what most would consider a love hate relationship with itunes, i hate it because yes its not as fast as i would hope. but at the end of the day it allows me to do the exact job i want in a neat simple format. I get all my music through torrents, and i spend my time adding the album artwork as well as the specifics of the albums and stuff like that. I dont need it for anything else, my 8GB ipod Nano is already full and thats only working on the rap music, i think i need to upgrade ipods again. Ive went from 2GB ipod nano to 2GB ipod nano video, to 8GB ipod nano current gen. i want the touch, but i dont want to pay more than 100 dollars for it.

RoBz

sucker
Songbird is amazing. Anyone who is currently hating iTunes, definitely needs to give it a try. I have officially replaced my iTunes desktop icon with a Songbird one.

^_^

mohaas05

Songbird is ok, but seems more like firefox with music library functions built in than a full media player.

It's a shame Banshee wasn't ported to Win32 because its a joy to use on Linux.

Seth

MD Party Room
Banshee is going to be ported to windows..

Banshee on Windows | Aaron Bockover

And if you talking bloated songbiard uses more ram on windows then any other meida player I ever seen 200+mb..

Also Itunes runs at a nice 70+mb for me in most cases...Unless it downloading a podcast or somthing..

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I hate itunes, I only have it since someone I know uses there ipod on my pc.
Every time I want open music just go straight itunes now.:/

Seth

MD Party Room
I hate itunes, I only have it since someone I know uses there ipod on my pc.
Every time I want open music just go straight itunes now.:/
My god even my little sister knows how to change the default player for mp3s....

You sure Itunes isent to complex for you?

To add some usefulness to this post..

1.In Control Panel, open Set Program Access and Defaults.
2.In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, in the Choose a configuration box, click Custom.
3.In the Choose a default media player area, click Windows Media Player(Or what ever you want), and then click OK.

There mp3 will now load in WMP...

Colm

Songbird is cool, combine it with the mobile version of seeqpod.com (because the mobile version does direct links) and you've got a great way to expand your music library.
Also, I'm using MPC for my music now. It's compact and it's relatively easy to create a playlist in it. Sure, iTunes is easier to use but this uses about 1/10 of the resources...

twelve

I'm not dead
is it just me or sometimes
i try to close iTunes..

it pops up again... and again...
I've had that happen on my laptop twice. It only seems to happen if it's been open for a long time and has eaten a lot of RAM (through using the store a lot or adding a lot of music to the library). The only way I've found to kill it when it does that is to end the process through Task Manager.

Adiuvo

is it just me or sometimes
i try to close iTunes..

it pops up again... and again...

I've had Itunes close a few times and I still get it running in the background, taking up the same amount of RAM that it did when I wanted to run it. It's not that background helper app either.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
iTunes sure looks nice, but its functionality is beyond crap. I can't do anything when I'm synching to my iPod. Grrrrr

Vee

Does anyone get a message when closing iTunes, that says something like "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface" then it has a count down till it closes?

Its annoying as hell.

afiser

am i the only one who hasn't any problems what-so-ever with itunes? lol

i actually like the program.

TeamOverload

am i the only one who hasn't any problems what-so-ever with itunes? lol

i actually like the program.

I like it quite a bit too, granted I'm running the version for OSX, not PC, but not sure how much of a difference that truly makes.

Dan

Contributor
The whole synching thing pisses me off tbh ( Auto sync i mean). Is there actually a good reason for why it has to delete the songs off your iPod when you take them out of your Library? i am doing manual sync instead, but it's just annoying :/
Plus whenever i try closing it, all that happens is 'not responding' and the rest of that crap. Thank god for task manager.
On a higher note, i do like the GUI, and it doesn't run slow on either of my laptops or PC.

Why does it have to be so non-user friendly though...Whatever happened to Drag n Drop.