• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Does the Oculus Platform have Achievments?

U2NUMB

From what I can see by the below link they have achievements built into the SDK for developers. I have yet to get an Oculus product but that will change later this month with the Quest and I suspect many more will be buying into the Oculus platform.

For anyone who has one do they have an Achievement system built in and are you able to access your profile from a web page?

Source
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/dg-achievements/

Deepo

Currently, the achievements are only accessible when viewing your own or other user profiles within the Oculus Home app. There might be an API for getting to the data, but I don't think so. Hoping that changes with the Quest as well.

Last edited:

Windhauch

As I've started playing the amazing game "Asgard's Wrath" today (perhaps a new standard in VR Gaming), I've recognized for the first time the Oculus-Achievement system. Founding this thread from May, I just wonder, if there's now the possibility to catch those achievements here on Exophase? For example "Asgard's Wrath" has 24 achievements at the moment.

It would be absolutely amazing to have those Oculus-Achievements here as well...

U2NUMB

As I've started playing the amazing game "Asgard's Wrath" today (perhaps a new standard in VR Gaming), I've recognized for the first time the Oculus-Achievement system. Founding this thread from May, I just wonder, if there's now the possibility to catch those achievements here on Exophase? For example "Asgard's Wrath" has 24 achievements at the moment.

It would be absolutely amazing to have those Oculus-Achievements here as well...

So there is a way to see your achievements... its super strange how they have it for the Quest as I understand it Rift people get a full profile page. So the ONLY place right now I have been able to find achievements unlocked is at this link (you must sign in) https://secure.oculus.com/view/data/

Once you sign in you can scroll down and see a portion like this.. (These are what I have unlocked it seems)
oculusachievements.png

The issue being that because you have to sign in I doubt there is a way for this data to be pulled.. But they are at some level keeping track of achievements. It is so odd how hidden away this is.

Windhauch

Thank you for "investigating"... :D

I really don't understand why Oculus is hiding the achievement system. For some people achievements are a benefit. If you don't like you can ignore them...

U2NUMB

Thank you for "investigating"... :D

I really don't understand why Oculus is hiding the achievement system. For some people achievements are a benefit. If you don't like you can ignore them...

What is far more frustrating is the fact that on their main platform the Rift they have full profiles with not only achievements displayed but time played per game. All of that is just missing from the Oculus Go and Quest. Maybe one day they make things look the same but it seems on purpose at this point.

U2NUMB

As far as I know they still have not created even an in system display of achievements like they have with the full rift. Not sure why they are really slow to update or add features to the quest.