• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrade 3.71M33 without Pandoras Batt!

Roe

This post will guide you through downgrading to 1.50 from 3.71M33 without Pandoras Battery. Follow the instructions to a tee and everything will go fine.

1. Go to recovery mode by holding R when rebooting your PSP. Go to configuration and set the GAME folder kernel to 3.71.

2. Download this file View attachment Downgrade 3.71M33.7z

3. Now download this file HERE

4. Rename it to UPDATE.PBP and put it in the UPDATE folder you downloaded first.

5. Put the UPDATE folder in X:/PSP/GAME/ with X: being your PSP

6. Run the program on your PSP.

7. You will be downgraded to 1.50!

If you have any comments or problems just post below and I'll be glad to help.

Darkchild

The Doctor
just remember to run the GAME folder WITHOUT the 1.50 kernel AND do fully restart the PSP BEFORE you downgrade!

btw, thanx for the help roe, +rep!

V0dka_88

I'd upgrade My psp from 3.40 OE to 3.71 M33 everthing went smooth until i changed to backup my flash 0. i back up it to changed my themes, first try my psp wa freeze so i copy back my back up flash 0. But my psp still freeze and now it went blank. I still could log into recovery. I dont have pandora batt or magic memory stick. how could i got back to 3.71 M33 or must i first downgrade to 1.50?? plz help me

Roe

Firstly, you must have upgraded from 3.52M33-4 to 3.71M33 as it's not possible to upgrade from another. Secondly, go to recovery and Toggle USB. Place the 3.71 downgrader files at X:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY instead of X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Once you've done that, go to Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. It should start the downgrade process. Once done, take the steps to update to 3.71M33

dennis96411

It won't work on my PSP when renaming it to RECOVERY and ran it under recovery menu. But it worked fine if I ran it in xmb.
Why? This is weird.

Roe

Perhaps then, that cannot work. I would recommend x3's guide HERE to downgrade a bricked PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It won't work on my PSP when renaming it to RECOVERY and ran it under recovery menu. But it worked fine if I ran it in xmb.
Why? This is weird.

It needs to be run under 3.X kernel I believe.

frosty5689

Stupidity to the MAX
I'm assuming he put 3.40 custom theme files in flash0 and somehow the backup wasn't everything because of hidden folders.(some xmb icon files are hidden)

pyrectic

now for the stupid n00b question...

how do i enter the recovery mode? i've pressed&hold R during the boot up and i still can't get in

pliz help..... :crying:

Boi Reymi

I need help with downgrading but I can't afford a pandora's batt and parents wouldn't buy me 1.

My psp info is:

-Model: 3000
-Version: 4.21