• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrade Guides

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
put one about the 2.60 there's a guy who needs it ;)

well the 2.6 downgrader requires GTA whereas the 2.71 does not. anyone who is on 1.51 - 2.70 should just update to 2.71 and downgrade.

ejelle

Noobie guy
and how about for the generic type of psp?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
and how about for the generic type of psp?

what do you mean? the guides cover all motherboard types (TA-79/81/82/86)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
All the guides need to be updated to link to the corruption-free downgraders (in the development forum). By leaving the guides set to the original downgraders, TA-082/86 people continue to corrupt their PSPs. Yes, there are some tools to help fix the PSPs afterwards (also in the dev forum), but it's better to not break the PSP in the first place than to break it and then fix it. Also, the guides don't mention the corruption or refer people to the fixer programs, so many people continue to blame the custom firmware for issues related to the downgrader.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
All the guides need to be updated to link to the corruption-free downgraders (in the development forum). By leaving the guides set to the original downgraders, TA-082/86 people continue to corrupt their PSPs. Yes, there are some tools to help fix the PSPs afterwards (also in the dev forum), but it's better to not break the PSP in the first place than to break it and then fix it. Also, the guides don't mention the corruption or refer people to the fixer programs, so many people continue to blame the custom firmware for issues related to the downgrader.

that's true. I will update the guides later on today.

Krelian

2.71 as always...

Upgrading to 2.71 and then downgrading to 1.5 is still going to be your best bet (especially if there is no writing in your UMD drive).

For best results when performing ANY upgrade/downgrade on flash REMEMBER:
Before you start it's not a bad idea to Restore Default Settings in your PSPs System Settings.
Be sure to use only a good quality memory stick and Format it in your PSP before beginning.
Have a full battery and even plug in your wall adapter for good measure.
And of course NEVER INTERRUPT THE FLASHING PROCESS!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Krelian

Only if and when.

The 2.71 downgrader only works on 2.71... you need to upgrade your 2.60 to 2.71 to use the 2.71 downgrader.

AtomskRedLion

can i do that by dropping the 2.71 EBOOT.PBP in to my psp? if i try to update on the network it will go up to 3.x or something right?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
can i do that by dropping the 2.71 EBOOT.PBP in to my psp? if i try to update on the network it will go up to 3.x or something right?

Yeah place the 2.71 EBOOT in:

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Then run the update from your game menu.