• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Download section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roe

What does everyone think of a download section in the forums, where people can upload PSP/PC apps that are free that they think are good and where they can go to download the downgraders, updates, etc. etc..

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Uh, there IS a downloads section on here, albeit not on the forums, one concern though- What if people upload corrupted/trojan'd downgraders/apps? I mean, it sounds like a good idea so we can get some homebrew/apps 'n' stuff that noone's tried.

Roe

If anyone uploaded something harmful they should be banned permanently and we will state that in the rules and I'm sure that in this nice community of exophase not many or nobody will.

Cheezeball99

If anyone uploaded something harmful they should be banned permanently and we will state that in the rules and I'm sure that in this nice community of exophase not many or nobody will.

True, true. DOWN-LOAD SEC-TION! DOWN-LOAD SEC-TION! *chants*

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I like the idea of rehousing it in the forums. I'd also like if there were subsections becuase the download section now confuses me. O yea also sorry to single you out mods but maybe for the sake of exophase the mods could check all the files first to make sure the community doesn't say download a virus and then leave pissed off. Then tell friends and so on.

Cheezeball99

I like the idea of rehousing it in the forums. I'd also like if there were subsections becuase the download section now confuses me. O yea also sorry to single you out mods but maybe for the sake of exophase the mods could check all the files first to make sure the community doesn't say download a virus and then leave pissed off. Then tell friends and so on.

I'd have no problem with that, man. :thumbup1: Scan it with my NOD32

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
right now no. because there would end up being a lot of dupes between the main site db and the forums db. I realize the main site download db is not updated as often but that will change eventually.

the obvious choice is to integrate the two, so no dupes, but the main site db needs to be updated before that happens. That will happen sometime next month.

Cheezeball99

right now no. because there would end up being a lot of dupes between the main site db and the forums db. I realize the main site download db is not updated as often but that will change eventually.

the obvious choice is to integrate the two, so no dupes, but the main site db needs to be updated before that happens. That will happen sometime next month.

That's cool, any x3 decision is a good decision.:thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.